Seize the means of production

By vikts - 29/05/2012 17:52 - Luxembourg - Olm

Today, I discovered that as thanks for my successful efforts to increase my company's monthly revenue, my dumbass of a boss has been awarded a pay bonus. He's wasted no time telling everyone about the sports car he's planning to buy with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 337
You deserved it 1 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

eddyg94 11

Pretend to be on his side, and advise him to get the girliest sports car you can find! Sit back and enjoy the result...

Angelrose2004 17

I love how bosses always get credit for an employee's hard work. But when it comes to bad work, it's the employees fault. Sorry, OP.

Comments

tony1891 22

wow. that sucks. keep working hard and maybe one day you'll be boss. first thing to do....well I'm sure you know.

Hey, most companies are pyramid schemes.

And I thought this act of greed was mainly an American problem. Sad to see it is infecting those across the pond as well.

I'm aware...but to see it at this magnitude in more than one area just makes me sad.

thiscrazything 1

Sadly, it's not just a culture flaw, it's a human flaw.

I totally agree with 21. What makes Americans more greedy than anyone else? Stereotypes, and in this particular case, it's the Americans who are the scapegoat for the rest of the worlds' problems. And even if one is making fun of his own country with a stereotype, where do you think the stereotype originated from?

uumlaut_strohson 3

clearly your boss has a small appendage

Because he wants to drive a fun car, not some slow POS?

Be a good employee and get the removed for him!

unknown_user5566 26

26- 20 made that implication because OP's boss is readily taking credit for something he did not do (at least not directly) AND he is bragging about it by discussing his desire to buy a new, shiny toy. Seems like a classic case of over-compensation to me.

thiscrazything 1

Don't let it get you down, you have gained more than $ with your hard work. Keep it up and you will eventually find yourself on the top.

You made him look good. No better time to ask for a raise!

xStaciexLynnx 15

Oh yes. That's an excellent idea. Quit your job during a time when its hard to find a job at all because your boss is acting like a normal boss. Good plan.

And dump him! And sue him! Then your problems will be solved, OP.

unknown_user5566 26

I agree with 37. In principle, quitting would be the best idea. Unfortunately principles are put on hold in today's economy.

soad2014 7

Bosses are freaking greedy. CEOs are the disease!

I have work problems too sometimes I think my boss hates me:(