Thanks, I guess…

By smyp - 27/05/2015 22:27 - Lithuania - Vilnius

Today, I was let go from my job, because I'm "progressing too quickly and there's no promotions available" and I "can find a better place to work at." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 782
You deserved it 2 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell them you're not looking for a promotion, try and keep that job, and the next one you find get out of there because you know now that you work harder than you should and deserve better pay.

Fired because over qualified? Take it as a positive point and apply to somewhere better. Though losing an existing job does suck.

Comments

Just tell them you're not looking for a promotion, try and keep that job, and the next one you find get out of there because you know now that you work harder than you should and deserve better pay.

crackajak 15

Keep running, running and running, running.

This was the corporate equivalent of "it's not you, it's me"

You need to search for a company that appreciates employees like you

Fired because over qualified? Take it as a positive point and apply to somewhere better. Though losing an existing job does suck.

It's probably a lame excuse to fire him. The fear of over qualified, is that you may take that job, but because you're over qualified, you may seek another.

All im saying is that rather than feeling upset about it, he'd rather pick himself up and apply to a better place.

You are right my friend The cup is half full or half empty, and only the cup owner can make that conclusion

MakeItStopWtf 12

@23 My cup is neither half empty, nor half full. Its always 100% full. Half water, half air.

Take your over-optimism elsewhere. This is **** My Life, buddy.

Ask them for a great recommendation letter. That might help in finding a new job.

If you can get your separation paperwork with that written on them, that's as good as a recommendation IMO. (worked for me once) "Do you have any recommendations?" "well my old boss fired me for being too good at my job." *hands over paperwork to prove it* "... He actually wrote that on here? Wow."

The boss or manager was probably scared you were out for his job

kirigaiku 15

If thats true, you shouldn't have a problem finding a better company then ?

Its hard to find work nowadays. Where you been hiding?

Sounds a bit like the "It's not you, it's me"-talk.

Naw, it's hard to keep great employees that outgrow your company because their talents demand more. Better than promoting OP to a position he has to be trained for only to lose him to another company a few months later.

They can't sack you for that taken to tribunal

At least they know you have potential. I hope you get a better job, were your skills will be appreciated and utilised.

If they knew he had potential then they wouldn't have fired him.