Road rage

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Germany - Mannheim

Today, my car is still in the shop, so I asked my psycho brother to drive me to the mall. He sped up to nearly 20 km/h over the speed limit, so I shouted for him to stop before he got us both killed. He hit the brakes in the middle of an intersection, and wouldn't move again until I got out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 629
You deserved it 8 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

20 km/h over the speed limit and you're freaking out? ydi for being an annoying backseat driver

loserboii 11

If he's your older brother he's doing it right.

Comments

Life_sucks_13 6

I can completely understand why you were scared and upset! Your brother is a jerk! Accidents are not fun and it's really horrible if it would be your first! I hope he soon understands!

I'm probably gonna get thumbed down for this, but oh well. Props to her for actually saying something about what she thought was a dangerous situation (you all seem to have different opinions about this but, at the time, she honestly believed it was dangerous) and asking him to slow down. I know some twats that would happily sit in a car where the situation was UNDENIABLY dangerous because they want a ride/have a crush on the driver/think it's funny. Plus, judging by the fact that the prick stopped in the middle of an intersection leads me to believe he wasn't the safest driver around...

Only the op bring a little nancy makes this situation dangerous

Oops, sorry OP for calling you a girl! Thanks for pointing that out #87.

TheBigGreedyBast 4

I had to read this twice to make sure it wasn't something I submitted. My brother is a pathologically passive-aggressive guy who drives like this too. If you say he's going too fast and is going to hit somebody, he slams the breaks on. He's stopped in the middle of the highway and taken the car down to 10 MPH from 70 on a 40 MPH road. Yesterday I told him he needed to look both ways when he turned without looking and we almost got hit, and he pitched a fit for the rest of the drive, making even more reckless turns. I'm so sorry you have to deal with someone like that, it's terrifying knowing you can't have a safe ride anywhere.

If you know he's psycho why would you get in the car in the first place? Sorry, but YDI.

Pandamonia88 9

YDI 20kph is nothing and your getting hysterical is far more likely to cause an accident. Speed limits are not the maximum speed you can safely navigate a road, they're set at a level where even your granny could safely navigate the road in some rusty old cadillac with radials and drum brakes, for a good driver in a good car it's a different story. I'd have stopped and thrown you out too.

Pandamonia88 9

and also speedometers can read 10% +8km/h over (and never under) the actual speed. That means at 100kph there can be an 18kph error. As they can't legally read low they are usually deliberately set to read high so that even with wear and tear and manufacturing tolerances they won't be illegally low.

Going 20km (about 12 mph) over the speed limit in a city can be very dangerous. Especially if you are going a lot faster then other people on the road. You can't stop fast enough if someone runs in the middle of the road either. I would've yelled at him too. My fiance goes 20-30 km over the speed limit when on the main roads, but ALWAYS drives the speed limit in town. You can never anticipate what will happen when you are on the road. This guy could easily kill an animal or kid from speeding or crash into another car who suddenly stops in front of him.

allisadawn91 8

Don't get out and see how long he'll stay there. There's bound to be a cop nearby.

Why didn't you ask someone who wasn't, ya know, psycho.

Wow wat a little nancy bitch. 20km over the limit? Have you ever been on a highway you little bitch? How do you have your licence if you assume that you are in danger?