Reported

By bubblzzz - 21/06/2019 16:01

Today, my father called the cops saying I stole his car. It's my car, but his name is on the title. Why did he report it stolen? Because rather than taking him to a bar and being his designated driver, I went to a job interview. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 269
You deserved it 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Darebearius 7

It's not your car unless your name is on the title. I know it sucks that your dad did that. I recommend you get that title switched to your name ASAP. No matter the situation, your dad will always win the case if your car is in his name.

Emiweb 9

Though the others are right, you need to change the name over, it's still such a waste of police time and resources. Hope they fine him.

Comments

Darebearius 7

It's not your car unless your name is on the title. I know it sucks that your dad did that. I recommend you get that title switched to your name ASAP. No matter the situation, your dad will always win the case if your car is in his name.

Why did you go for a job interview when you already work as a chauffeur? I’ll bet you get to drink all the free soda you want! Sweet!

Emiweb 9

Though the others are right, you need to change the name over, it's still such a waste of police time and resources. Hope they fine him.

How could you? Respect the man and drive him around. He raised you and spent all that money and time on you and... oh no nevermind. That's other people on here.

An important part of the role of a parent is to know when and how to let go. If this kid refused to drive his dad around because s/he wanted to party, that would be one thing. But s/he is trying to get a job, be responsible, and grow into his/her own. As a parent, that should take priority. For dad not to understand that show he doesn’t deserve to be blindly followed and obeyed.

Wow isn't your dad a piece of trash 😠

Mungolikecandy 19

Why is his name on the title if it is your car?

Not your car. Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, gas it up, maintain it...if someone else holds the title, it’s NOT your car. And if the owner rescinds his permission for you to drive it or possess it, you are S.O.L. Sucks. Sorry.