Overreach

By VroomVroom - 04/03/2009 15:50 - United States

Today, at a red light, an old lady crossing the street fell right in front of my car. I got out of my car to help her. The light turned green and I was still helping the woman to her feet. An officer came by and ticketed me for "impeding the flow of traffic." FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 088
You deserved it 3 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the hell?! That's soo awful!! x( Person: "But...but....this old lady needed help!" Idiot cop: "HAH! If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one..." *takes bite of donut and walks away*

arienh4 0

Do they have tickets for everything in America?

Comments

hiflier1012 3

no good deed goes unpunished, no act of charity goes un-resented :)

he's stupid u were helping an old lady!!!

Well OP wrote it with minimalist detail. I think that OP left their car in the lane and helped the lady, which is illegal no matter what. I'm sure that if OP moved their car next to the sidewalk then helped the lady it'd be fine. really the cop is just doing their job. of course that was all hypothetical. I just find annoying that all the cop FML stories leave out almost 90% of any reasoning. so think before u blame a cop pls?

Instead of the cop helpin he pulls out the ticket book. If they are anything like NYC cops they are going to try meeting quotas! If the lady had stayed on the floor she would have been impeding traffic, so what you said doesn't make sense.

Thats why u mind ur own business and stay in the car because some People just dont understand and will give u a ticket

Why did you get out of your car? Don't you realise how incredibly dangerous that is? You're lucky you're still alive.

Helldemon 32

He was at a red light you moron.