Overreach

By VroomVroom - 04/03/2009 15:50 - United States

Today, at a red light, an old lady crossing the street fell right in front of my car. I got out of my car to help her. The light turned green and I was still helping the woman to her feet. An officer came by and ticketed me for "impeding the flow of traffic." FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 088
You deserved it 3 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the hell?! That's soo awful!! x( Person: "But...but....this old lady needed help!" Idiot cop: "HAH! If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one..." *takes bite of donut and walks away*

arienh4 0

Do they have tickets for everything in America?

Comments

Just pead not guilty, and explain on your day in court that, faced with the decision you made the right choice. Remind them that civil negligence can also be cited on the spot so you picked the ticket you could live with.

walkejer 0

you should have pushed the cop over in front of your car and took his ticket book and ticketed him. .. or ran him over lol

... You should probably go to court... freakin' cop...

That cop is a real prick, He should definetly be investigated, he's worried cause your helping an ederly woman when we have real problems in the world like bank robberies, murders, kidnappings, etc.

eeee93757 0

That's what you get these days for being a good Samaritan...

permanantgirl 0

It was a very nice thing for you to get out of your car and help the old lady... I would deff. take that to court cause that cop apparently sucks at his job

that cop is a dick. you were helping the old lady get up, that was nice of you to do but that cop was a total jerk. ugh people like that piss me off.

if you have the number for the old lady somehow jut get an affidavit from her, else just go to court and tell the judge you got out of your car to help an old lady that had fallen in front of you, he should drop the charge, i don't see any reason he wouldn't.

You know what they say. "No good deed goes unpunished."