Not a great start

By Durrrrrr - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I went to a "party" with the boy whom I'm interested in. It was the first time I met his friends. Turns out he and all his friends are hardcore Christians who don't drink and are celibate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 714
You deserved it 11 938

Top comments

macfluffers 0

...I'm so confused. You seem disappointed! As if you believe that alcohol and sex are what make a person interesting or something like that. If that's what you wanted, then you should have just bought a ***** and a six-pack.

Comments

jvjanisse 0

seriously . . . do you people not know what celibacy means? that means no sex AND no marriage... she'd be better off with a gay friend, they wouldn't have sex with you but they'd be hella more fun and give you fashion advice.

almostalbino 10

the poster was obviously the idiot for not knowing to use abstinent. Not many "hardcore christians" are unmarried. Those are the nuns.

and priests. both are "Married to the Lord"

He's probably a really great guy who will treat you with respect and love you for who you are. If you need to be inebriated to have a good time, maybe you should get a personality check.

We have found intelligence on the Internet! Can it really be?

Ya, but you don't have to be a hard core crazy christen to do that either. And who knows, just cause he's hardcore christen doesn't mean he's not a jerk

What's so wrong with that? I'm celibate & don't drink. Doesn't mean i'm an awful person. He's probably a great guy who will treat you with respect. And if he ever cheats on you he can't use "i was drunk" as an excuse.

So first of all, I don't think there's anything wrong with a guy who doesn't drink and doesn't have sex before he's married. Secondly, if he's really celibate that sucks because he won't get married, and plans on living a single, sex-free life. If he's just waiting until marriage to have sex, that's just abstinence.

I agree with #3 and #12. If you have a problem with him not drinking and abstinence, then clearly you were never interested in HIM. As for the christianity thing... Idk what everyone's problem is on here, but seriously... it's not that bad a thing. And if you don't like it the very simple solution is don't date him. This isn't a fml. :s This is a case of being somewhat shallow and very unobservant. :s If you think it means your life is ******, then you totally deserved it. (Bet I'm gonna get flamed for saying this stuff)

Miss Fortune is right. OP was "interested" in him? More like interested in his looks.

pommeblossom 0

FML because I want sex and alcohol and the boy I like doesn't.. Great one.

baby610 4

yeah... and your point is? if your idea of a good time is getting drunk and ******* random people then youve proven my point that all girls are *****

"i am not "hardcore" christian but i am still celibate and don't drink. besides, what's wrong with a guy who doesn't drink and doesn't believe in sex before marriage?" They're probably in the closet. #15 - 02/25/2009 at 2:07pm by blehh Hahahahaha win.

mmm, being celibate does not a soft core Christian make. Abstinence until marriage, perhaps.