Not a great start

By Durrrrrr - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I went to a "party" with the boy whom I'm interested in. It was the first time I met his friends. Turns out he and all his friends are hardcore Christians who don't drink and are celibate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 714
You deserved it 11 938

Top comments

macfluffers 0

...I'm so confused. You seem disappointed! As if you believe that alcohol and sex are what make a person interesting or something like that. If that's what you wanted, then you should have just bought a ***** and a six-pack.

Comments

so basically.. "i really like a guy who might be a good influence on me. FML." you sound cool.

BBkid 0

What were u looking for a sleeveball douchebag guy that gets drunk bears u up then throws up everywhere

Ok I'm an atheist and I think that Christianity is retarded. But, although it is fine to say "**** Christianity" it's wrong to say "**** Christians". I'm sorry but even though atheists are the minority that's still intolerance. Hate the religion, not the people.

@ #56 Ummm, hate the religion, not the people? Wtf kind of atheist are you? As far as I know, Christianity didn't burn a bunch of heathens at the stake. Christianity didn't spread the "word of God" with a sword. That would be the Christians. Christianity is merely a mythology, much like the fairy tales that parents read to their children at night. Notice how nobody ever died in the name of Prince Charming? Ideologies are only as strong and dangerous as their holders. OP: FYL, indeed. I don't care what anybody says, but if someone doesn't share the same core values that you do, then you two will not be compatible. It sucks crushing on someone just to find out that what you both want out of life are two different things.

jenjen23 0

because who wants to date a guy that you know is clean, moral, and not afraid of commitment... ?you should go on and find some std ridden peice of crap that will dump the first time a bigger pair of **** walk by. your lucky that a good guy even gave you the time of day, since you obvioulsy have the depth of kiddy pool.

veganxunicorn 0

yuck...... same thing happened 2 me....... i dumped him 4 a pothead, he was a lot more fun && experienced ;]

what's wrong with being christian and being decent? you obviously do not deserve him.

LaPoeziaAmantino 0

Uh, okay. My boyfriend and I are both Christians, we are virgins and neither of us drink. But that doesn't mean we're boring, lame or uncool. We just have better morals than most of the other people we know, and we are both capable of a real, mature, loving relationship. He's really fun and exciting to be with or around, but at the same time, he's actually capable of deep, intelligent conversations about God, which we have fairly often and both enjoy. We go to church together and pray together, and it brings us closer to each other and to God. Plus, I know that he really loves me and will always be there. I have been with him longer than any other guy I've dated (all of whom I have only been with for a couple of weeks, at most, whereas I have been with my current boyfriend for over nine months), and this is by far the best relationship I have ever had. Now, before I get flamed, I mean no disrespect. My point is, you really shouldn't turn a guy down just because he is a Christian or he doesn't drink or have sex. There's nothing wrong with believing in God and having respect for himself and for women. Give him a chance. Who knows, you might actually end up liking him.

The point, I believe, is not so much that there is something wrong with not drinking or having sex, but more that it was completely different to what she expected. Also, "better" morals, I doubt it, just different.

LaPoeziaAmantino 0

Alright, I was just sharing that based on what I got out of it.

#57; are you serious? she didn't say anything like that, she clearly just has a conflicting lifestyle and was disappointed to see that they clearly didn't have to much in common. just because he is religious does not make him a good guy, that said it doesn't make him a bad guy either. And to say that dating a non-christian guy will be dating an 'std ridden peice [sic] of crap that will dump the first time a bigger pair of **** walk by' Just because a person doesn't believe in waiting until marriage to have sex does not mean they are promiscuous, and it is down right ignorant to imply that, likewise with your assumption that a non christian guy only cares about, as you so elequently put it, 'big ****'. It is hypocritical to judge her, or any one else for that matter, based on an assumed life-style because you think she is doing it to others.

jenjen23 0

Its strange that you even bring up the fact that only christain guys are worth anything I didnt say that. I know that not all christains are worth anything... see Im a lesbian, and I dont buy into the whole waiting untill marrage thing eaither. what Im saying is that, for it to be the first time she went out with this guy and to write him off because of those belifes is immature. I do however enjoy you reading into my words, and making me say things that i never said. absanece is a good thing to do, as teen agers expecally. SO I stick my original comment, that shes self-centered, and has some growing up to do. THANKS!

Are you sure that you read the same comment i wrote? The only refference i made to your comment was direct quotes, so i am very confused as to how i supposedly "making me say things i never said". To again quote you, "to write him off because of those belifes is immature". I completly disagree. You mentioned you are lesbian, would you not write off a girl you liked because she was sexually attracted to men and men alone? Or even simpler, imagine if there was an FML posted as follows "today i found out the guy i really like is a hardcore soccer fan and so are all his friends, fml", heavily implying the OP is not at all interested in soccer. What makes that at all different from the original post we are commenting on? Nothing. Religion seems to be coddeled in situations like this, and i fail to see why. It is not shallow to aspire to choose a partner with similar interests, beliefs and opinions as yours,the OP was jsut being honest. Lastly i never gave a personal opinion on absitnace, but to clarify, i agree with you, i personally do not adhere to the notion of waiting until marraige, but i also do not look down on it. It could do alot of good in a persons life should they be so inclined.

It's not bad having a hardcore Christian friend. My best friend is a hardcore Christian who belives grinding on the dance floor with a girl is disrespectful.

moonfal 21

I think grinding is just. Like what your friend said— disrespectful. And yet I'm an atheist.