Not a great start

By Durrrrrr - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I went to a "party" with the boy whom I'm interested in. It was the first time I met his friends. Turns out he and all his friends are hardcore Christians who don't drink and are celibate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 714
You deserved it 11 938

Top comments

macfluffers 0

...I'm so confused. You seem disappointed! As if you believe that alcohol and sex are what make a person interesting or something like that. If that's what you wanted, then you should have just bought a ***** and a six-pack.

Comments

hay915 0

what's wrong with being a Christian?

That's hilarious. I'm a Christian and I'm not perfect. That's life. Religion doesn't make someone a bad or boring person. I don't exactly dance "christianly" at dances but I make mistakes like everybody else. I'm not boring AT ALL. Don't judge a magazine based on one article...

LLBritt 0

L-O-******-L! Everyone who commented about this girl being a **** and blah blah blah and how that guy Is probably really sweet and everyone who's totally getting anal about this needs to calm the hell down! First of all every one of you has jumped to conclusions! You don't know this person?! Wtf?! CALM DOWN PEOPLE!

Your_Cute 0

I don't see a problem here. at least he has morals and you know he wont go get drunk at some party and cheat on you

I'm Christian and I still party but not drink or smoke you dont need those things to make things funner

almostalbino 10

17... there are just as many not shallow people who are abstinent and don't drink! If not more than those who have a "sex life" and drink. People are people, and you are just as bad as those who belive in "flying pink elephants" if you mock them. So there.

umm excuse me but being a Christian doesn't make u brainwashed. it's actually a good thing! u'll just see!

A7X_LoVeee 10

OP you're a ******* ****. The kid sounds like a good guy to me. Perhaps you should go down to your local bar if all you want to do is have sex and drink. You're disgusting.

I found out about 3 months into our relationship that my Christian boyfriend is abstinent. At first I was quite annoyed by the fact that I'd managed to fall in love with one of the only religious people in my entire county, but now I think it's pretty cool that he can have something to believe in. People who don't drink can have a load of fun too, you know (ie: me :P), and celibate doesn't mean they won't kiss, right? So you can still have fun and do some things just not get wasted and have sex you might regret later on.

yes becuase NOT drinking is SO terrible...