Nice try, loverboy

By Anonymous - 06/04/2009 05:07 - United States

Today, I had a really cute waitress at lunch. I decided to leave my number and a $50 bill for a $15 check. When I left the restaurant I realized I still had the $50 but a $1 bill was missing from my wallet. I've been getting threatening text messages all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 625
You deserved it 64 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You tried to get to her heart through MONEY? What do you think she is, a prostitute?

Oh because nothing says "Give me a call :D" like $35. Failfailfail

Comments

lolwhat_fml 0

RL-LOL buuuut, you should have went back to the resteraunt to pay for the rest of the $14 =D

Just another excuse to see her again, eh?

Hardly an FML. Just go back there, explain yourself, pay the bill and a gratuitous tip, and tell her that you should go out for a coffee or something to make up for it. Since she went nuts on you, she'll probably feel bad about it and if you appear sincerely apologetic maybe she'll take you up on the offer.

hehe, well done. at least you don't have to worry about having put the wrong number, and maybe you can still meet up ;)

Eresbel 0

Why didn't he just go back?

meddude 0

I worked at a restaurant for a long time while in junior high and high school. Only the saddest of characters leave their number or try to get a waitress' number. It's hilarious. They play along to make money, just like in the "raisins" episode of south park.

missethics 0

$35 tip would have been way too excessive of a tip anyway. Lay down a 20 next time.

valuemeal2 1

Geez, you guys are mean. OP: go back and pay the rest of the bill, explain what happened, and try again. Something like #26 said.