Nature is healing

By IssacB - 17/07/2015 17:56 - United States

Today, I came home after just 3 weeks of being away. It seems like my pool now has its own mini-ecosystem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 875
You deserved it 5 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

There aren't pool covers in the U.S. anymore? What a darn shame...

You can't leave a pool alone for 3 weeks but a cover wouldn't help much (at least in FL in the summer. ..) and draining it is unnecessary. You just needed a pool service a couple times while you were gone. Gave you a YDI because duh.

Comments

lexiieeex3 32

There aren't pool covers in the U.S. anymore? What a darn shame...

STOP HAVING BOTH TOP COMMENTS. THATS CHEATING.

tony1891 22

yeah. cause cheaters never prosper...or do they?

Pool covers don't stop everything from getting in. Also if the pump isn't on the water becomes stagnant which results in algae and any small bugs that have gotten in will start to breed. Also, we have a pool cover that the wind has blown off and across the garden several times. The wind was strong enough to blow a metal chair across the garden and into the pool, and we don't get anything close to a hurricane in the UK. Pools are constant maintenance and so much hassle...

My grandmother's pool had a cover and the water was black and had tadpoles in it, so that doesn't always keep stuff out...

lexiieeex3 32

15- cheating at fml? Isn't that a tad but ironic?

xoxoblondee 31

You could study it like a gross pool scientist.

People study ecosystems for a living it's not gross, they would look at ecosystems such as ponds, forests etc. and determine biodiversity.

How do you people always take jokes so seriously?

Time to call the pool boy. And sleep with him.

aw no don't down vote this guy "bow Chika bow wow" reminds me of red vs blue. so many bad jokes. but I enjoyed it all the same.

lexiieeex3 32

Just call a pool cleaning service, it's really a simple fix.

Bring out your inner child and take a butterfly net to all the frogs. Unless no one else did that and I was just a weird kid :p

Didn't cover it or drain it before leaving?

fpants2010 18

That's a lot of water to drain for just 3 weeks!

Algae is decently common...but it seems that the cover didn't do it's job...time to clean it out

Well no shit, you have to drain it before you leave for 3 weeks, YDI

Um that's a lot of water wasted draining it just to come home, have to refill it, readd all the necessary chemicals, and wait for it to heat back up (assuming they have a heater for their pool. some don't)

#19, "some don't"? I think its more the other way around. It costs A LOT of money to get your pool heated. I know a lot of people with pools but only one with a heated pool, and she spent a few thousand for it.

maybe you will discover a new species of something.

You can't leave a pool alone for 3 weeks but a cover wouldn't help much (at least in FL in the summer. ..) and draining it is unnecessary. You just needed a pool service a couple times while you were gone. Gave you a YDI because duh.