By TheAprilWitch - 01/01/2017 16:17

Today, I finally realized my sister-in-law tilts all the artwork on my walls every time she visits. Apparently, she's been doing this for years, just to drive me crazy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 353
You deserved it 729

TheAprilWitch tells us more.

I might do that! Thanks for the suggestion. Good thing I haven't called her out on it yet. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, though. It's been going on for years! And it's not like we are that intimate, or goof around much.

Top comments

That's hilarious :) My brother in law always moves things or hides things whenever he comes to visit. My favourite thus far was hanging my car keys in the Christmas tree.

Comments

CalculatedRisk 19
samomaha 17

My sister used to do exactly the same thing every time she would visit. No matter how many times I told her to stop, she would continue to do it, and then follow me around the house, giggling, as I straightened the pictures. I finally called her out, and sat her down. I told her that her passive aggression is ridiculous and that she was behaving like a spoiled little brat, and that if she could not change her behavior to that of a grown-up, she was no longer welcome to stay at my home when visiting town. It worked!

usnwife 18

Depends on how long sister had been doing it, a few times I get it, but ongoing for years it would get old, and I would politely ask her to stop... if she didnt, then I totally would have done the same thing

I'm confused on the OCD in your name. If you have OCD you should understand it's not a funny thing to mess around with. Not sure if it's OCD or what but if I'm touched on one side of my body I have to touch the other side in the same place. I've had people realize this and do it "for fun". It's not fun for me, it can get very upsetting and frustrating.

#9 No idea why people are downvoting you rcomment to #7. Anyone who understands OCD would know what the SIL is doing is cruel, not funny. Even for someone without OCD it would be super annoying. To me the SIL comes off as quite passive aggressive either way.

#7, it's quite rude to enter someone's home and mess with their things, even if it's as seemingly inconsequential as tilting a picture. It's especially annoying and rude if a guest makes a habit of it. There is such a thing as not abusing someone's hospitality (even if they're family). If they have a fun and planking relationship, that's one thing, but if it's done purely out of spite or passive aggressiveness, that's another thing.

That's hilarious :) My brother in law always moves things or hides things whenever he comes to visit. My favourite thus far was hanging my car keys in the Christmas tree.

Made my day!!! That's hilarious!!! If you have a good sense of humor that is...otherwise some people might take it personally. Hopefully you just chuckle and fix the pictures. It's the sister in law...relax. It's all in fun.

It depends. If op has a condition like OCD it's not funny to force a reaction from it. Someone without it can laugh and straighten it no big deal. People with OCD it can be very upsetting for them and they might have to spend time making sure it's perfectly back in place.

lee47_fml 6

visit her and tilt to your hearts content, or switch knickknacks around ... could be fun.

I do this to my ex husband. I also switch this cutlery around. I had to deal with his anal retentiveness while we were living together. Fair's fair :) (before people get all mental about it, he sees the funny side and we got on well)

Have you ever considered tilting them before she visits you?. That way she thinks it doesn't bother you and maybe gives up on trying to annoy you. I don't know. Just a suggestion.

As opposed to just expecting her to behave like an adult?

I might do that! Thanks for the suggestion. Good thing I haven't called her out on it yet. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, though. It's been going on for years! And it's not like we are that intimate, or goof around much.

Whenever she comes, just tilt them yourself so she will be the one going crazy and might even straight the art works this time

jamiejones455 3

OMG! That's devious. Love it.