Misogynistic and insensitive. Great.

By Anonymous - 23/06/2018 14:30 - United States - Huron

Today, I told my boyfriend how my mom passed away when I was 11 after crashing her car into a tree at night. He muttered, "Women drivers." FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 929
You deserved it 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your boyfriend doesn’t deserve a spouse

If he's not just exercising very poor judgment, dump the brain donor. Having a "Duh" Moment is one thing, but a general callousness is another.

Comments

Who died and made him Michael Schumacher? The fact that he could just blurt that response out in the face of a tragedy is beyond me! Discard this idiot...

WeirdUS 29

Yeah, end it. People like that are either to stupid to know it was wrong or they don't care. I wouldn't expect him to change. Those are the guys that shout get me a sandwich or it's a joke not a dick ect. Though if he's ever used butthurt as an actual insult or any of the above and thought he was funny. That was your warnning.

cptncuttlefish 24

You dumped his sorry ass, right?

Poorly timed joke and totally uncalled for! I hope you got rid of him.

On one level what your boyfriend said was, at the very least, insensitive and demeaning to women in general. On another level, your mother was a woman and crashing your car into a tree so violently that she died is not good driving. On that level what you told your boyfriend was an unfortunate reinforcement of a negative stereotype about women drivers. I would suggest that this by itself this is not relationship ending material. OP, explain to boyfriend that it was the death of your mother which is a painful episode in your life and give him the opportunity to apologize for his remark. Real life and relationships are not meant to be courtroom dramas where one misstatement or unfortunate utterance should end the case n conviction of the guilty. All of us sometimes say things we wind up regretting. To end an otherwise good relationship over one such statement is not wise or caring.

simcityguy09 19

Break up with his disrespectful ass IMMEDIATELY

that’s so sad that your mom crashed her her 😢

WHSKitty 7

******* asswipe! Dump him!