Mario Kart is serious business

By Anonymous - 25/08/2014 05:44 - United States - Bowling Green

Today, I was playing Mario Kart with my wife. I threw a blue shell and it hit her. She then refused to speak to me for three hours straight until right before bedtime when she called me a bastard and told me to sleep on the couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 830
You deserved it 8 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uniformed 13
mrwilsong 6

Comments

Did your wife happen to be on her period?

Yes, because the only reason a woman might be bitchy or in a bad mood is her period.

If that were out of the blue, I would agree, FYL, but did you happen to be celebratory and talk smack afterwards?

Well in order for you to hit her with a blue shell, you would have had to be near to last place and she would have been winning... so you purposefully ruined her lead when you knew you had no chance of winning yourself

THANK you! Exactly! If anything, OP was the sore loser here, unless OP kept the Blue Shell until he got into second place and decided to sandbag his wife at the end.

Yes but... they were playing *against* each other, and the whole point of a blue shell is to use it against another player, so why would he not have used it?

you cant just get rid of your items without hurting yourself or using them, and being near last place means you need to try and get more better items and have no choice to use the blue shell. and it didnt say what mario kart they played, the older ones (lots of people still go back go the 64) only match you againt human players in vs mode so the op could only have been in 2nd

thow a real shell on her, problem solved ;)

In all seriousness to all those "Mario Kart is serious businness" comments, that's a pretty bitchy move on her part and you definitely shouldn't just let is slide. It's ok to be abit sulky for a couple minutes but having you sleep on the couch? Really? She should learn to control her anger and realise that you're both part of the relationship and she can't just boss you around because she feels like acting like a 5 year old.

martin8337 35

Just goes to show you that you can't play video games with the old lady/boo.

can't say i blame her... It is Mario Kart after all.

Well, blue shells normally aren't in your possession unless you're doing pretty poorly. She was probably pissed that she was beating you so bad, only for you to beat her in a way that doesn't require skill.

What gives women right to make men sleep on the couch anyway? I think that this is a bunch of bullshit. You never hear men tell women to sleep on the couch. Especially over a game. And by the way lol im #69, sorry i had to...

I see that she plays well with others...