Manlet issues

By falling short - 20/03/2015 15:26 - India - Mumbai

Today, my best friend confessed to having feelings for me. I've been in love with her for a long time, so I was ecstatic. She doesn't see herself ever going out with me, though, because she's a couple of inches taller and can't imagine herself "towering" over her man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 889
You deserved it 2 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she's willing to give up the guy she likes for a height difference then that's just pathetic.

Comments

I don't understand if she doesn't want to go out with op, why did she tell him in the first place. I bet it hurts like hell.

Her loss. I'm 6 inches taller than my man and I'm so glad I didn't let that stop me getting to know an amazing man

If she likes you like she says she does, then she will come around. Just don't make it easy for her to stay away from you

It's very possible that she is afraid of you rejecting her after she confesses those feelings and therefore she is putting up her defenses. If she says that she couldn't date you first, then she wouldn't have to face the possibility of you rejecting her. It's a similar concept where an artist might not show you their work and tell you it's because it's terrible, when in reality, they are afraid that you actually WILL think it's terrible. This way they won't have to cope with any rejection. They've done it for you. It's much easier to cope with self rejection than another's rejection.

if my best friend ever confess to me like that. I will not reject him, I would sit down and talk, I will not date or will lose friendship what we had for years. I would love to be there and support him no matter what to show what a true friend.

Exactly. She may have been affraid that her feelings were not answered. He should've stopped talking and start kissing.

You know what they say about excuses?..you'll be better off without her, trust me!

That's the lamest excuse ever. I once got a "I think if we had a relationship, our friendship would be ruined." Women say the shittiest things.

I'm in the same boat with a girl I've liked for 9 years. You aren't alone.

mortalanemone 3

What if you had told her you couldn't date her because of her weight?

I feel your pain, a guy did that to me couldn't date because I'm DEAF. it ain't nice. I am human like y'all guys, I just can't hear. But I have a husband love me who I am and how the way I look. Just try talk to her and remain be best friend if she willing to remain be there for you no matter what. I've lost my guy best friend.