Make it work

By Anonymous - 23/10/2020 23:01 - United States - Georgetown

Today, I got my hair cut short, as it hasn’t been cut in well over a year and I was getting sick of dealing with it. I told the hairdresser I would probably look like a boy but she said it would look cute, and that she’d make sure it looks feminine. I loved how it came out, until the kid at CVS asked, “Can I help you sir?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 008
You deserved it 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there really isn't a way around that. Women who still look feminine with short hair have really feminine faces mostly. It's always a risk to cut it short.

Well sir, I’m sorry for your unfortunate hair cut. Fortunately in 2020 you hardly have to go out and see anyone.

Comments

I love that Aerosmith song: "Da-dunh, Da-dunh, lady looks like a dude."

tounces7 27

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there really isn't a way around that. Women who still look feminine with short hair have really feminine faces mostly. It's always a risk to cut it short.

Well sir, I’m sorry for your unfortunate hair cut. Fortunately in 2020 you hardly have to go out and see anyone.

It’s not necessarily that the haircut doesn’t look feminine, it’s just most people make the assumption that only guys have short hair. I had a pixie cut (or some other short style like that) for 4-5 years, and I always got called sir. I hated it at first, but then I realized that it’s fun to see the person who said it panic when you speak and they realize you’re not a guy. Point is, don’t let other people keep you from doing what you want for yourself.

coius 23

As a guy, i think this is hilarious. Its why i leave gender out of it and just say “excuse me” and make sure i see their face first before addressing them directly. Worked every time till i met someone that was pre-op trans. Turns out they ended up becoming a good friend of mine!

A lot of people seem to still have the mentality of your hair length determining your gender.

I'm a woman who is 6'0, has a deeper voice and likes to wear my hair short. I totally get it but in general it just is one of those things you have to deal with, because people are just weird about these things in general, even when you see a lot of women with short hair, people seeing someone who looks tomboyish and thinking they're a man is really common. It doesn't even mean that you look like a man.

You probably look adorable. I'm a woman with DD breasts and got my hair cut short and still had people calling me sir....