Make it stop

By CapitolSouthSux - 19/09/2013 12:54 - United States

Today, a street preacher got on my metro car and gave a long, loud speech about how we sinful, polluted congressional staffers must inform our bosses that choosing a homosexual lifestyle was like trading your soul for soup. We got stuck in a tunnel for thirty minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 121
You deserved it 4 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes living in the city means you have to drown out all the noise pollution. And that comes out of people's mouths sometimes...

People like that make good Christians look bad

Comments

Wizardo 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I would've politely thanked him for his sermon and told him maybe he should make it longer (for the next poor group of passengers)

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I think OP was on the subway, not driving a car..

Being a lesbian myself, this really bothers me. I'm tired of different members of the church telling me I "chose" this. It's not a choice.

People like that make good Christians look bad

carcinogenic 7

I think it should be respected whether it's a choice or not.

I would've just bribed him to keep the Templars off my back. Gotta keep the notoriety meter low, y'know?

I don't think it's fair to hate all preachers, just the ones who preach hate.

BradTheBrony 19

Those are heralds, not preachers, 85.

48- Whatever religion that is, it's so very wrong. Temptation and Acting are two different things.

And 68, there's no such thing as good or bad Christians. Just ignorant and non ignorant ones.

A conversation about religion that doesn't involve mocking it has actually taken place on FML? What parallel universe am I in?

107- fortunately, these threads seem (at least to me) to be more and more common.

I hate when people say things in a matter of fact way when they have no evidence. Pike the assholes saying you are born gay or that you choose to be gay. The second one doesn't make sense and the first one is just the age old debate between nature and nuture

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

People are so ignorant.. 49 - I sort if know what you mean. I'm not homosexual, but I get persecuted because I'm into metal and look emo, so therefore I'm automatically a devil worshipper 85 - love the AC reference :P 101 - so true

Sometimes living in the city means you have to drown out all the noise pollution. And that comes out of people's mouths sometimes...

1: I think the OP was talking about a subway car. Also, OP, did you ask him what kind of soup, you could get in exchange for your soul?

Wizardo 33

I realised that it was on a train after your comment and the word metro so my bad up there. That's just unfortunate but I'm sure you can walk between the carriages? Also screw preachers.

Idk how I feel about thinking "I'd exchange soup for my soul.."

#10 Not in DC Metro. The passage between carriages is closed. Once you're in one car, you're stuck on it until the next station. PS, this has happened to me on the metro before as well. Luckily, other passengers politely asked the pastor to shut up.

61, agreed, only if there's bread sticks too.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Indeed, I've met a few of those cases as well. I find these comments disgusting.

Because they want to be pariahs in society. It's not as though they were created with those tendencies. That wouldn't make sense in the slightest.

It's thing called religion that people follow so blindly... I am Catholic, I hold some of my faith, a lot of it I reject, I'm very superstitious, I don't think people should have to wait until marriage, I think there was only one good Pope, and I love gay people and think everyone should be able to have basic human rights (like marriage and children). According to my beliefs and how they are at odds with the Church, I should be excommunicated.

To be fair to those people, it can easily be considered a choice if you look at it as homosexual people refusing to deny who they are and put on a mask and a show to make the rest of the world feel safe and secure. Damn homosexuals and their refusal to placate others.

RedPillSucks 31

The comments can be thought of as saying that the homosexual lifestyle is a choice, as opposed to homosexuality itself. It's like a priest being celibate. They have (presumably) heterosexual tendencies, but choose not to act on them (one would hope). I'm not saying I agree with this, just explaining the statement.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Homosexuality isn't a choice. Your.simply born with it. I have known since the age of 5 that I liked women. Even in elementary I knew.

@24, Thank you for not so blindly following your faith. I am also a Catholic who COMPLETELY agrees with your statement and it's nice to know that there are others like me that aren't just lemmings to what the church says.

Is homosexuality a choice? I can't really decide without an actual STUDY, not arguments and theories!!

Many Christians believe that homosexuals are born with desires just like heterosexuals, not everyone chooses to act on their desires but for the most part it doesn't feel like a choice, and i imagine it certainly wouldn't be easy to deny yourself your desires.

Medd_fml 13

I was born gay, but, for lack of a better word, 'taught' myself to be bisexual. Now I'm just straight for religious reasons. I'm not forcing this on anyone, just want to show that people can deal with this religiously while still respecting everyone.

monnanon 13

ive got news for you buddy if you are "straight" for religious reasons you were never gay in the first place but bisexual. no one can force themselves to be one way or the other. all this hiding who you are by being straight is 1. not healthy and 2. proof that sexuality is really a sliding scale and not polarised into straight, gay and bisexual.

73-That sounds like you're living a lie just to please other people. Don't we get taught in Kindergarten that that's not okay?

I'm a Christian, and I can't say with any certainty if homosexuality is a choice or not. I'm not sure anyone can. I just wish people would leave each other alone and stop shoving their opinions down people's throats.

There are homosexual animals that would indicate its not a choice

nice to know...not my point, but still. I'm just saying that if people believe that someone's sexuality is something they're born with and not under they're control, then fine. I just don't like it when people get aggressive about their opinions. stating your belief in a reasonable and considerate way is fine. telling someone that who they are or the lifestyle that they chose is going to be their ticket to hell? That's not okay under any circumstances. someone's sexual preferences are honestly none of your business, and if you think that you know who someone is, despite who they say that they are, and who they like bothers you, well, that's a problem. Love is love, period. If someone says they're gay, they're gay. if they say they aren't, they aren't. it's that simple. please excuse my super long rant, but I like to get my point across.

If homosexuality is choice, then so is heterosexuality. You don't choose your emotions.

Even if it was a choice, why should anyone be judged/discriminated based on it? I'm not saying it is a choice, I'm just saying either way, there would be nothing wrong with it.

perdix 29

Are we talking a nice, hearty chowder or a thin consommé? This could influence my choice!

Trading your soul for soup? Well I guess that depends on what kind of soup and how hungry you are. Obviously he's never had really good soup.

Just stare them dead in the eyes for several minutes; don't look away. Then ask them what kind of soup you'd be trading your soul for, and start talking about how fabulous chicken and rice soup is.

Gay people shove **** down their throats in private while preachers publicly shove shit down their throats and other people's personally I like gay people more

teamlightskin 14

Kind of harsh, but I guess it's the thought that counts :)

Obey_StudBoii 23

Your a jerk. Quit hating on the Gay and Lesbian Community and grow up.

DavidsLove 9

I probably would have told him to shut up, or started preaching the opposite of him to Piss him off

It's not a bad idea to carry headphones & music with you wherever you go. Helps me deal with unwanted ranting.

miyaviichan 27

Bystander effect. I agree that Coldplay sucks though.

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Coldplay likes to steal off other artists.