Mad lad

By Bob H. - 26/10/2014 13:54 - Canada - Québec

Today, my son asked for my help with a personal matter. I was flattered that he trusted me, since he's a paranoid, untrusting psycho. Turned out he wanted to use my locksmith skills to break into his ex's house and "teach her a lesson" for breaking up with him after he cheated on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 798
You deserved it 5 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

He sounds dangerous. You need to do something about that. He could hurt someone.

jajajanie 13

That's what you think of your son? ..

His son wanted OP to help break into his exes home. Who knows what he was planning. Anything from destruction of property to rape and murder might be considered 'teaching her a lesson' to someone mentally unstable. His view of his son sounds pretty accurate.

I completely agree with 93, "psycho" is an accurate description. Rape came to my mind as well, OPs son seriously needs some therapy. He sounds like he's a domestic abuser/rapist in the making. His son is the one who cheated on his girlfriend. That's a legit reason for her to break up with him, and he wants to punish her for something that he did wrong? That's ******* absurd.

Clearly he doesn't actually know right from wrong (or he does, but has no remorse) except when he believes has been wronged. This is demonstratively psychopathic.

jajajanie 13

okay. it is a perfectly valid reason to get your child some help but calling them a psycho won't solve anything. its definitely off putting but maybe apply a little bit of parenting skills in place of insults and posting to a social site. I wish them the best.

It really sounds like you should get some help for your son...

I love the way you describe your son haha. good luck with that one.

jeanyrios 10

Well, at least you found the root of his psycho paranoia.

That's really rough OP. Hopefully he's still under 18 so you have some power in getting him help. To everyone bashing or getting angry at OP for saying this about his son, let me give you some perspective with an anecdote about my drama queen of a mother in law. When my husband was a child he was easily prone to tantrums. When he was in the first grade his pediatrician diagnosed him as having Intermittent Explosive Disorder. This is a very violative disorder that for ethical and legal reasons isn't generally diagnosed in people under 18 and NEVER in a 6 year old. People who suffer from it undergo fits of extreme violent rage at any random event. My husband was put on antidepressants immediately to control it. When we started dating I noticed that certain things made him anxious and irritable. A combination of internet research and learning that he was never diagnosed by a psychiatrist (and at SIX!!) led me to insist that he visit one and be reassessed. The psychiatrist agreed, he does not remotely have IED, he has a moderate form of OCD. The childhood outbursts were always linked to a violation of his routine or to a sudden change. My husband remained on the same medication because it was already helping and we began reducing his triggers rather than him trying to ignore the anxiety they cause. About a year after this my mother in law posts an article on Facebook by a mother of a boy who suffers from an actual case of IED. The family in the article lives in constant terror of their oldest son. The younger siblings have been trained in how to evacuate their home and safely hide whenever their brother has an episode. The parents keep all sharp utensils locked away where he can't get to them because he has previously threatened the entire family with a large knife. The police can't do anything until he actually hurts someone. They can only have him placed under psychiatric supervision for up to 72 hours at a time. Once the boy calms down, he is articulate enough to repeatedly convince his doctors that he is safe to go home. It's about a mother at the end of her rope, desperately trying to protect her other children in a world where the system legally can't. My mother in law posted this with the comment 'I can relate so much, I was so scared (my husband) would end up like this'. That is a situation of 'How dare you say that about your own child' situation. My husband has never hurt, nor threatened to hurt another person ever. OP's son wanted him to commit a crime, so the son could commit a possibly even worse crime, because his ex dumped him for cheating.

I don't think you should call him all these things including psycho. He's still your son

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Did you actually read the FML? It's totally justified...

Thatguy334 7

What if he actually is though? Just because he's your son doesn't mean you need to put him on a pedestal. If he's nuts, he's nuts. A parent can recognize that as well as anyone.