Lying and scheming

By samantha711 - 10/11/2009 02:28 - United States

Today, I found out that I didn't get a job because I failed the psychological analysis. It told me to answer each question and tell the truth. So I did. I asked my friend, who got the job, if she told the truth. She said no. Apparently you have to lie in order to get a job. Sorry for being honest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 507
You deserved it 7 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Flutist 3

Have you ever looked at child ****? Op: Uh, she was 15... I mean 18... I mean...oh god! Have you ever sexually harassed your employer Op: I wish! I mean, I wish that happened... no didn't happen... no... wait... can we erase the last ten minutes. I don't think we are looking for someone like you. Op's Friend: I am a christian, with magical powers, and I can fly, so I will always be on time. Also I never sleep with people, I am like a plant, I don't need food just water and sunlight. So put me by a window, give me some coffee and I will never sleep. I am always honest, honestly.

Do you get along well with others? ... No. Do you tend to have violent mood swings? .... Yes. Are you clinically depressed? ... Sure as shit am. Have you ever had a restraining order against you? ... Who hasn't? Do you take any illegal drugs? .... **** yeah, why, you lookin to buy? Sometimes honesty just is not the best policy.

Comments

That's how the police catch most of their murderers. Answer every question and make sure you tell the truth: 1. Did you kill him?-yes End of Test

grimmelok 0

What are you, 10? Of course you don't tell the truth to everything.

Flutist 3

Op not only lives with their mom, still breast feeding.

Flutist 3

There's a point of telling the 'truth' and what's the 'right truth'. You tell employers what they want to hear. Not what you think your personal opinion is on the subject. If you didn't know that, you're an idiot.

It is like Lionel Hutz said on the episode of Simpsons where Marge becomes a real estate seller. There's the truth and then there's the "truth." A dilapidated house=a rustic house a small house= a cozy house etc. Sorry that this happened OP it sucks, but really it is a good lesson to learn. You are always going to have to fudge details to get a job unless you're a perfect person and even then I doubt they will hire you cause they won't believe it when you say you don't have flaws. Sorry. Learn to lie or FYL.

you sure it wasn't an ethics test rather than psychological? if ethics ydi for not knowing to answer unethically= choose the most ethical option every time. if psychological, ydi for not realizing that it was a test of adjustment and conformity, and that you should have lied to make yourself seem more sane.

It must have been a place like best buy where the online applications have 50 questions devoted to your personality. If the options are "strongly agree" "agree" "disagree" and "strongly disagree", always go with the most extreme.