Long road ahead

By coloradoman - 30/11/2009 06:34 - United States

Today, while I was flying on American Airlines back from visiting family, a newborn puked its breakfast all over my HP mini, knocked my orange juice into my lap, then coughed up another layer on top of it all. I couldn't change my pants because of we were about to experience turbulence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 572
You deserved it 3 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sooverit01 0

Newborns can't move around a whole lot...how did it manage to puke on you, knock over your drink and cough up onto you without the mum moving it away? Generally in my experience, newborns just tend to puke all over themselves.

FYL. You should have forced the parent to pay for it. Child or not, that laptop is gone. Childish innocence can not pay for a destroyed computer.

Comments

This is why babies need to be banned from airplanes. Who in their right mind thinks it okay to force other people to have to listen to some little shit machine scream for the whole flight? It's simple, you have a baby than you drive. If the little brat can't sit still and shut the **** up for more than an hour than you drive. If it can't go for more than 2 seconds without barfing up some of the most vile smelling puke in the world than you drive.

This is why assholes need to be banned from airplanes. Who in their right mind thinks it okay to force other people to have to drive because of at most a few minutes of crying before a baby settles down to sleep? It's simple, you don't like babies than you drive.

Good luck finding an airline willing to ban babies. It's bad PR for them and is seen as discrimination. They wouldn't risk the severe media frenzy/backlash. I totally agree with 69.

Thinking back on this now, your right. However what they should do is start selling some baby free flights along with flights that still allow babies. I still can't stand babies on planes though.

If you can't stand flying with babies than shell out the extra cash for first class. It's extremely rare that there are babies flying in first class. You'd be spending extra on a baby-free flight anyway, because rest assured, if an airline ever DID offer baby free flights, they would jack up the cost of a ticket. Parents have a right to fly with their children, just as much as you have a right to fly.

So because you got knocked up I have to be forced to listen to your little monster scream? I would have no problem with you flying in the cargo hold with your little brat. The majority should not have to put up with the minority's stupid decision to take a baby on a plane.

First of all, I didn't get "knocked up". I was (and still am) in a committed relationship when my child was conceived. Second of all, I highly doubt that you have ever been on a flight where a baby has screamed the whole time. Unless you were sitting in the seat beside it. You're ugly mug was probably scaring the crap out of the poor kid. Third, I seriously doubt that people that hate flying with babies are the majority. Anytime I have ever flown with my daughter, I have always made sure to apologize in advance to the people in my row and the people in the row directly in front of me and behind me, in the off chance that my daughter my be a little fussy. I have never gotten any sneers or dirty looks from these people when I do this, and I have actually had many of them tell me that I don't need to worry about it, because they understand that sometimes babies cry. As I mentioned in a lower post, I have encountered a rude person. Once, out of all the planes I've been on. Most people are civilized people though, who realize, like I said before, that parents and their have just as much right to travel as anyone else. That all being said, I have already mentioned that I think parents who fly with children who just plain ignore their children's bad behaviour are pretty rude.

#21 just made my day! I hate Babies they're so gd annoying! I would have taken the laptop and hit the baby with it then turned to the parent and did the same.

That sucks, but couldn't have been a newborn... newborns don't have control of their arms and couldn't have knocked over your orange juice unless the idiot mother/father put the baby right beside the juice container.

YDI for having orange ju----- ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!!!

okami36 2

Did you kill it? You should have. Your computer sucks, but it's still worth more than one of those little shit machines.

notsoordinary 0

agreed i would have thrown the little f**ker out the window!!!

dudethatsuxxx 0

I hate babies. Maybe I would like them a little bit more if parents knew how to control them. One time I was at a Nike store trying on shoes, then some lady sat down right next to me and started breastfeeding! Parents should have to go to parenting classes before they're aloud to take their children out in public. And if their child is misbehaving and they don't do anything about it, they should have to be fined.

Control them? There is no controlling a baby before 6 months or so... they do what they do because they have to. You can't make them not throw up (and if you could, you'd make them extremely sick) and really, since when are bodily functions "misbehaving"? There's only so much you can do about a misbehaving child, anyways, and can you imagine the flak the government would have to put up with for trying to tell people how to raise their kids? As for the lady breastfeeding... well, I always covered up, but when the baby's hungry, it's hungry - and it's a choice between listening to the screaming non-stop while you search for a public washroom (which is gross, anyways) or throwing on a blanket and grabbing the nearest seat. Oh, btw, I hope you never have kids. Maybe you'd do ok if you adopted them after they could speak - but anyone who thinks babies can be controlled shouldn't be allowed near one. That's how shaken baby syndrome happens.

meyanna 0

You're a twat, and I normally don't care what people say and don't attack people over the internet because it's vile, but **** you, you ignorant asshole. Are you 15? Because you act like it.

I'm so sorry that you are a prude, but if my baby is hungry, I am going to feed her. If I happen to be out shopping at the time, I am going to find somewhere to sit and feed her. Mind you, I am always covered, because I realise that some people do not want to see some random lady's ta-tas. But breastfeeding is the most natural, healthy way to feed a baby. And I am not going to go sit in a filthy bathroom just because you don't like it.

@ #87 So pump the ******* milk at home and feed the baby from a bottle still. Dumb twat.

You're obviously a man or a woman who has never breastfed. Milk expression, (the correct term for 'pumping') whether hand expression or expression via pump, is a pretty hard thing to do and usually takes quite some time for most women to learn how to do. It's also time consuming and can be painful. It's not for everyone. And then there is also the fact that some babies CAN'T drink from both a bottle and a breast as it can cause what is known as 'nipple confusion', which has caused malnutrition and even death in many babies. Then there's needing to pack the milk with ice packs, then finding somewhere to get a cup of hot water to warm it up when the baby is ready to feed. And no, you can not use a microwave for two reasons. It causes hot spots that can scald the baby and it can kill the nutrients in the milk. Plus the added time to wash and sterilize the used bottle when you get home. Moms are busy enough as it is and if they don't need to fuss with bottles then that is just one less stress to deal with. And to clear things up, I sometimes DO bring bottles of expressed milk with me, but it's pretty time consuming so sometimes I don't have time to make a bottle, especially if it's an unplanned outing. And other times we are out longer than expected and we run out. Stuff happens. Whoops, I think I just made you look like an ingnorant ass... Sorry about that.. Dumb twats can do that from time to time. ;)

See it is people like you who are making the world a wrose place. You think that I'm selfish just because nobody at all wants to see your baby sucking on your junk. You think that just because your ugly baby feels like sucking on you that everyone has to see that just because your baby is "thirsty." I bet not even your husband wants to see that. Chances are he's only with you because he wants to have kids before he's too old. Probably in about 5 years or so he will cheat on you for some person that he actually loves, and wants to spend the rest of his life with, unlike you. Oh and by the way I do plan on having kids, but unlike you I will not take them out in public unless I have to (for example doctor apointments). I put myself in other peoples shoes so then that way I can make decisions people will respect. And I am deffinatly not going to be one of those parents who take their babies around just to here people lie and say "Aww your baby is so cute!" Everyone knows people just say that to make yourself feel good. Nobody wants to see anything that has just came out of your vaginia, after some guys penis was up their. Babies are just down right ugly.

No, actually, it's ignorant people like you who are making this world a terrible place. You have no right to try to make a woman ashamed about doing a natural thing like breastfeeding. And for the record, I didn't say you were selfish and I also stated that I am always completely covered so your arguement that no one wants to see my baby 'suck on' my 'junk' is completely moot, because they wouldn't be able to see anything. And seeing as my husband is 23, which is still considered quite young, I highly doubt that he had a kid with me just so he could have kids 'before he got too old', seeing as he still has quite a few years of fertility ahead of him. And he is actually proud of me for sticking with breastfeeding because it's much healthier for our baby. I sincerely hope you never have kids if you honestly think secluding them from public places is your idea of 'good parenting'. And if you do manage to find a man willing to put up with your seriously disgusting personality and end up having kids, I will feel really sorry for them because they will be the most deranged, socially impaired kids. And I also put myself in other people's shoes, which is why I already said I understand that not everyone is comfortable with breastfeeding, so if I have to do it, I completely cover up so I am not exposing anything. I also try to find an area that is not overly crowded. And it's not like I go places just to go somewhere. If I am out, there is usually a purpose for it, whether it's a doctors appointment, groceries, diapers etc. It's not like I just say to myself.. Hmm.. I think I will go to the mall today so I can wander around aimlessly and have people comment on how cute my baby is. In all honesty, my daughter usually falls asleep during the car ride and stays asleep while I am shopping so I almost always have a blanket over her carseat so the bright lights won't bother her. So I'm hardly out compliment fishing. People like you should be forced to have their tubes tied. And if you think that babies are 'just downright ugly' then why would you plan to have any?

I am also going to call you out on saying that you 'put yourself in other peoples shoes'. You obviously don't, because that would include putting yourself in the shoes of a breastfeeding woman with a hungry baby. Her baby needs to be fed. Would you rather listen to a baby scream because he is hungry?

Okay instead of making this a bigger mess then what it already is I'm just going to say: IF YOU AGREE WITH ME RIGHT DOWN NEON_SHOES IF YOU AGREE WITH CHARLENEW RIGHT DOWN THEIR NAME By the way you have kids and your only 19? I see what your problem is.

Yes, I am 19 and I have ONE four month old baby. And what exactly is my problem? That I am a mature, responsible adult taking care of a child, that while unplanned, was born to two loving parents? Just to clarify, I am not a '****' nor am I an 'idiot'. Not that any of this is your business, but I didn't start having sex until I started dating the man I am with now. We used condoms and I was on an oral contraceptive which I took at the same time, everyday. It wasn't as effective as most pills, because I had to be on a lower dosage. Therefore, yes, we were in the small percentage of people who do end up conceiving despite precautionary measures. In all of your posts, you have clearly showed that you are an immature little brat and people like you disgrace other people in this age bracket. Grow up and get a life.

You're an immature little brat who has no social life.

Thanks for further proving my point that you are an immature brat. Did you think of that one all by yourself? Seriously, kids these days. And how exactly did you come to the assumption that I have no social life? Because I have a baby? You're a joke. Just because I have a kid doesn't mean I don't have a social life. Actually, it's broadened my social life. I have friends that I see on a regular basis, some with kids, some with out and since I've had my daughter, I have met many new people through new groups focused on Moms. If you think that having kids means the end of your social life, then you are pretty ignorant.

dethstruk 0

you idiot u used to be a baby and u probably did the same disruptive things when you where you accuse parents of not being able to control their babies but u said that lady started breastfeeding her child thats controlling him and its not illegal to breastfeed your baby in public you need to stop being a brat before u tell the babies to stop being a brat

dethstruk 0

wow charlene u won that fight so bad it doesnt make any damn since

You call me an immature kid? At least I am not 19 with a freakin kid. I guess some people didn't pay attention in health class. Have fun saying "would you like fries with that?" for the rest of your life.

LMAO Yeah, I am so sure I will be asking "Do you want fries with that?" in the pediatric ward at the hospital I will be working at!! (I'm a third year nursing student.) And yeah, you are an immature kid. And I did pay attention in Health class, we just happened to be in the small percentage. Derp derp, learn how to read moron. I hope to GOD that you never have kids. People like you shouldn't be breeding.

Honestly, the stupidity of you people is amazing. You DO realize that you were a baby, too, when you were born, right?

You're ******* stupid. Babies are always growing, and it's not like you can just go "Oh, little jimmy here needs food, i'm leaving" when you're in the mall.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

I'm so sorry that you are a prude, but if my little man is horny, I am going to stroke him. If I happen to be out shopping at the time, I am going to find somewhere to sit and wank him. Mind you, I am always covered, because I realise that some people do not want to see some random mister's shlong. But masturbating is the most natural, healthy way to entertain a penis. And I am not going to go sit in a filthy bathroom just because you don't like it.

wingedtoad 0

With spelling and grammar like that, perhaps you deserved it.