King Dick

By wtf bro - 20/03/2020 07:00 - United States - Hesperia

Today, after returning from some caveman type "men’s retreat" with his buddies, my husband is now refusing to cook or help out with the house and kids as it’s "women’s work." He also expects to be fetched beer on demand and referred to as "King" from now on. I don’t know rather to laugh or cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 542
You deserved it 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatkorean 5

I’d put him back in his proper place. You’re not the ******* maid. You’re his wife and he should treat you the way a wife should be treated. If he’s a king then you’re the queen. And in chess, the queen is the most important piece.

bl3ur0z3 17

I would dump the beer on his head and remind him what year it is. Step up or leave.

Comments

TCRII 29

Crown him with a frying pan.

thatkorean 5

I’d put him back in his proper place. You’re not the ******* maid. You’re his wife and he should treat you the way a wife should be treated. If he’s a king then you’re the queen. And in chess, the queen is the most important piece.

I agree but you shouldn't compare life to chess lol. plus the queen is replaceable and you can have more than one queen at a time.

bl3ur0z3 17

I would dump the beer on his head and remind him what year it is. Step up or leave.

lol I'd throw the whole thing opened at his head. So thankful my husband knows our places in our marriage!

or... make a list of "men's work" I doubt op's husband knows exactly what that entails. mowed lawn, landscaping, chopping a giant pile of wood for the coming winter. growing enough crops to fill the freezer. if he can't do ALL the men's work on top of a job then he can shut the **** up about it. also... it would be funny seeing the reaction to a long list of near impossible or pointless chores to do and should remind him it's 2020

This is how I usually dealt with the dumb "make me a sammich, woman" type jokes. OP, don't forget to ask: Where's the meat from the deer you hunted, skinned, gutted and butchered? Where's the wheat you plowed, planted, fertilized, harvested and threshed? Have you finished training and signing up for the local militia yet? When have you scheduled that duel to defend my honor? Why haven't you finished building an extra room on our house? Forget it- why haven't you built us a house? Throw in fixing the car and doing all the car maintenance himself, earning 100% of the household income including enough to pay for domestic staff, and any other contradictory bullshit "traditional" men's work. Then throw a pie in his face.

I get this treatment without demanding it. I’m a commercial electrician, my gf is a radio dj. She says I work hard and sit down! Lol. I still fold laundry when she’s not looking. Plus most of the outside work is “man work”. As I’m typing this, I think we a Beaver Cleaver couple Hahahaha

That’s obviously the way your relationship is, that’s very much the way I’ve been in my relationship, and that’s great because it works for you both... OP on the other hand, had their relationship that had been working for them when suddenly along comes a game changer for her with no prior discussion about things and now she is expected to suddenly play ball... I don’t think so.

Dead or divorced would the options I would give him.

If he don't he'p w/ food, laundry, etc. he can fend fe'r himself likewise. Like Captain John Smith said at Jamestown in 1608, "No work, no eat...." Enjoy watching him flounder! :-)

gendojam 9

fetch him some divorce papers instead. He lives there, too so he should do his fair share.

time ground rules and a wake up the nuclear family option failed the moment it was thought up