Red flag

By not good enough - 27/01/2024 02:00 - United States

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. Apparently, he spoke with my mom and the fact that she wants me dead is a huge red flag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 536
You deserved it 90

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poor you. If your boyfriend has a modicum of sense, he will see the advantage of not having to see his girlfriend's family every Christmas and/or New Year, not to mention the famous Mother-of-the-Bride syndrom that plagues most weddings.

Ouch, I think your ex is in for a rude surprise. In my experience girlfriends without family issues are rare.

Comments

Poor you. If your boyfriend has a modicum of sense, he will see the advantage of not having to see his girlfriend's family every Christmas and/or New Year, not to mention the famous Mother-of-the-Bride syndrom that plagues most weddings.

It depends on just why Mom feels that way. If she's just a horrible person and OP does not deserve those feelings then that shouldn't have influenced the now ex. On the other hand if Mom has good reasons behind her feelings due to OP's attitude or behavior then it actually is a red flag. ... Side note - Many girls become like their mom and many boys become like their father. If you're considering a long term relationship there are advantages to getting to know the parents. Obviously, children are not necessarily destined to become their parents, but there is often that tendency.

Ouch, I think your ex is in for a rude surprise. In my experience girlfriends without family issues are rare.

you don't mention your age, but your ex sounds very immature. if he dropped you simply because of what your mom said then he didn't like or respect you enough to talk to you about it first. bullet and wasted time dodged. also you need to have a conversation with your mom. Good luck.

Wait, YOUR mother wants YOU dead? Am I reading that right? Yikes...