Jan scams again

By jb100 - 24/07/2015 20:08 - United States - Perryville

Today, as I was working at a bakery, a woman stormed in, cut in front of the line, and began yelling at me. She claimed I didn't give her a sandwich earlier and demanded a refund. She got the refund out of my paycheck, and as she was leaving she muttered, "Ha, works every time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 259
You deserved it 2 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People really suck sometimes! Your manager should've insisted on a receipt or proof of purchase, instead of taking money from your pay! Sorry OP!

Do you not have cameras for just that situation?

Comments

there are receipts for a reason I hate when places do shit that that to their employees and that lady is horrible

they cant take a refund out of your paycheck. ****. you fmlers have the dodgiest bosses

I can't believe they took it out of your paycheck! That really sucks op..

Just so you know, it is federal law that you sign an agreement form for monies taken from your check in any state. Your employer is not allowed to just charge you for an instance like that either.

Your boss is a dick. If the woman payed and didnt get the food then the money she payed the store would have had in the till. So if your boss charged you for it then he has also committed fraud unless you was then given a sandwich.

What if OP doesn't want the sammich? I know I'd just want my money.

@76 This is what I was thinking too - if the customer didn't get the sandwich, why would it come out of OP's pay? - It's already been paid for...

...But they gave you a sandwich, right?

You should of thrown a sandwich at her while she walked away.... That was a shitty move on her part

Federal law says that your employer *can* fine you or otherwise take money out of your paycheck ***as long as it does not reduce your pay below minimum wage***. So if your hourly wage is 50 cents more than minimum and you work 20 hours per week, the most your employer can remove from that week's pay is 10 dollars. That's federal law; state laws vary, but I think the majority of them offer no additional protection. On another note... the above is one of the many reasons I try my best to never get a service worker into trouble, even if they make a mistake, are pissy with me, or do a crappy job. Botched orders might come out of their pocket, write-ups can quickly lead to unemployment, and even a small blemish on their record can cost them a promotion. They'd have to slash my tires or stalk my girlfriend to justify that degree of retaliation.

What an odious human being. It's at times like this that I wish that karma existed.