Jan scams again

By jb100 - 24/07/2015 20:08 - United States - Perryville

Today, as I was working at a bakery, a woman stormed in, cut in front of the line, and began yelling at me. She claimed I didn't give her a sandwich earlier and demanded a refund. She got the refund out of my paycheck, and as she was leaving she muttered, "Ha, works every time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 259
You deserved it 2 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People really suck sometimes! Your manager should've insisted on a receipt or proof of purchase, instead of taking money from your pay! Sorry OP!

Do you not have cameras for just that situation?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually, a lot of people work in eateries to put themselves through college. They are also known as "entry level jobs ". They are the first jobs you get to give yourself experience, and a way to work up to a better job.

I go to college, work at an office and work at a restaurant on weekends so that doesn't matter

What if her dream is to open her own bakery? Which doesn't require a degree, though one in business management does help. Regardless she doesn't deserve to get ripped off.

#11, You're joking, right? Many people have jobs like that to pay for college.

Hunkapoo 19

well here is someone that either doesn't know how life works or has their parents pay for everything. if you don't get scholarships or grants to pay for college, you know who has to cough up the several thousand dollars? you do, unless your parents pay. how do you pay for those debts? getting a job. going to college doesn't just elude you from having to work in grocery stores and restaurants. these kinds of jobs not only give you work experience but are more willing to accept college students and their flexible schedules. you should pay more attention in school so you learn how these things work.

College or not she doesn't deserve to be cheated. Respect seems to be a misusing value.

TeacherTeacher 11

I would check with your state's labor laws. I don't think your employer is allowed to dock your pay. In my state they aren't.

lollypop30001 19

That's ok Karma is going to bite her in the butt in the end!

I don't know about the states, but in Canada it is illegal to take money out of an employees pay for such reasons.

The customer is always right. Unless she's an evil lying stealing bitch.

You should've asked for a receipt that proves she payed for a sandwich.

Next time write a check and cancel it after she leaves...that seems to be the only way to get around it and maybe get her a taste of her own medicine

A woman tried to pull that crap with my dad, doesn't work with doctors, sorry you had a still born, and no we can't refund your room

If I were you I would warn all other bakeries and cafés in the area about her. Even if you don't have a photo from a security camera a description should suffice.

FalloutScrolls 25

I would think that a manager would be called over and a receipt asked for. Since this has happened once, it's bound to happen again. Next time, stand your ground.

Picture this, I'm the woman in the FML (not the OP) I go to the bakery and I order a sandwich and a couple other things. I get my order I leave, I eat and enjoy, take a bit of break, and a couple hours after I've had a chance to get myself energized I go back. I scream at the bakery lady that I never got the sandwich I ordered and she demands to see my receipt. Which I can easily hand over. She can do nothing for me so she calls the manager. Ranting continues. The manager in an effort to both not lose a customer and to get my dumb ass out of his shop agrees to refund me my money by taking it from the employees pay. If you really think about it doesn't that seem about like how it would play out? Especially if their security cameras upload to an off sight system which would require calling in higher level management to get to.

I picture myself leaving and filing a complaint with the labor board because they're making me pay for the sammich.