Is gift

By catlady - 25/08/2015 03:16 - United States - Clifton Park

Today, I awoke at two in the morning to my cat putting his most recent kill on my chest. When I jumped up screaming, the dead mouse went flying and now my husband and I can't find it. Better yet, now both my husband and my cat are giving me the silent treatment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 732
You deserved it 2 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why is your husband giving you the silent treatment? Also if you don't find it soon, you'll be sure to find it once it starts stinking!

My cat gives me the silent treatment most days anyway, I honestly wouldn't notice the difference.

Comments

Your cat probably found it and gave it to someone a little more grateful - ydi

If your husband is giving you the silent treatment over that, he still has a lot of growing up to do.

pleasedie 22

I guess it wasn't a dead mouse afterall, just playing dead until it was free to escape.

Let me clarify, my husband had to wake up early for work the next morning and he was upset with me for waking him with my screams and by jumping all over the bed. He was also upset that I made him stay up for the next hour to search for it. I finally found it under my dresser the next day when my cat was scratching under it frantically trying to get it. Also my cat is an indoor cat as we live by a main road so he must have discovered his prize in the house. My cat is Siamese and very vocal when he wants attention, which is always. So when I said he was giving me the silent treatment I meant that he won't let me pet him, avoids eye contact with the exception of a death glare and was considerably more quite.

Are you sure your husband wasn't just upset that the cat choose you over him?

My cat is a terrible hunter. She tried to hunt a rabbit yesterday and didn't even come close. She acts like she's not interested as she sneaks closer....like the rabbit wouldn't run when she got close enough...silly kitty.

leogachi 15

@22 I would recommend not letting your cat hunt a rabbit if you can help it. A rabbit could easily kill your cat.

I only let her go after it because I knew she would fail. She didn't even get close. I watched her the whole time.

viperlead 4

Sound like a real CATastrophe.

Are you sure the dead mouse wasn't apart of the dream...

At least your cat cares about you and gives you "food" so you don't die, mine tries to attack me if I try to get a dead mouse away from him to throw it away xD my cat would rather me die ;-;