Insurance war

By Anonymous - 06/01/2013 10:01 - United States - Austin

Today, I came home to a flooded apartment and water still pouring from the ceiling. The woman who lives above me is shocked that I would consider her responsible for the damage and doesn't think she should have to pay for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 641
You deserved it 1 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well it's not her fault her floors weren't waterproof, she just wanted to turn the place into a waterpark! You'll be thanking her once she lends you the slip 'n' slide.

Comments

NokeHart 6

She backed up the toilet, then walked away to take a nap. The woman woke up because the guy below OPs called to say his apartment was flooded as well. Her place is damaged worse than OPs.

Take care of it in the courts... Do it sooner rather than later... You'll be better off that way...

yzzami 17

How do you know the apartments waterpipes didn't burst or were faulty? We had that problem once and it was the fault of the apt for not properly installing the pipes

I can only imagine the damage that did to your place especially if it's all musty and begins to rot... Maybe you can sue and have it repaired before that happens

Why is it nobody has renters insurance anymore, but those without it are the first to complain when things go bad? $100 a year is usually about what it costs. So for $8.33 a month all your stuff is insured! Most people spend way more than that on useless stuff or stuff they don't really need. If you have it, use it. Let your insurance company do battle with the person who caused the problem & the apartment complex. They usually have lawyers on staff just waiting for this stuff. If you don't have insurance this is one of those hard learned lessons about being an adult.

Time to see if that renter's insurance policy is good. And check with a competent lawyer.

Landlords responsibility. I have the same problem. And my landlord is coming from Arizona to fix it.

Hey moron. You live in an apartment. The landlord is responsible. Idiot.

well take her to small claims court to see if its her fault!