Incognito IRL

By Stressed out mom - 07/03/2018 01:30

Today, my daughter confessed that she’s pregnant from a one-night stand with some guy she met on vacation in Florida a few months ago. The dirtbag never told her his last name and the phone number he gave her was fake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 135
You deserved it 3 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

clairecurses 19

it's not completely his fault...

How is he dirt bag? Maybe she shouldn't have slept with someone she just met and knew nothing about it. Or was too stupid to even use a condom.

Comments

indienerdgirl 27

I mean that's a one night stand you hit it and quit it with first names only. I don't know if either of them used birth control but if so yeah it can fail. Either way she choose to have sex with him so she's just as responsible as he is. Now she's going to have to deal with the consequences of her actions.

These comments are absurd as usually people mainly blame the woman. We don't know the full situation or if they used any forms of protection or not. Still that doesn't matter. Both people knew that a pregnancy might happen yet they guy still didn't give his last name and gave a fake phone number making it where no matter what happened it would be practically impossible for the girl to reach him. So while both of them are at fault for the pregnancy he is still a P.O.S. This situation is to common and still so many people blame the woman.

it seems more like your daughter's fault. I'm sure the guy didn't intend for her to get pregnant

T3chie 13

I doubt he intended for her to get pregnant, but that certainly does NOT mean it is her fault. It is both their faults equally. They both made mistakes.

Guy: “What?! I didn’t mean for you to get pregnant. How was I to know that cumming inside you could result in a pregnancy?!”

WeirdUS 29

Odd, most people get a shirt or a snowglobe as a souvenir. Vacation spots are pretty well known as 1 night stand things. In this day and age with the internet and std rates, there is no reason not to know better. You are playing russian roulette with your sexual health. I'm surprised at a vac. spot she expected to hear back from him when she got home.

Why is he the dirtbag? Your daughter agreed to it and obviously didn't use protection... she's 50% to blame lol she kind of deserves it for being a hoe.

I recorrected DNA twice and autocorrect apparently still didn't want to leave it alone...

Mungolikecandy 19

You would need someone to compare the DNA to as there is no central DNA database (unless he is a criminal and if so only the police or such would have access to that database).

bobsanction 18

If she didn't want to get pregnant she shouldn't have had sex.

boopingsnoot 24

Dude, it's possible to get pregnant even with a hysterectomy (uterus removed). It would be an ectopic pregnancy, which is fatal if not surgically removed. Humans have been figuring out contraception since Ancient Egypt. It is completely unrealistic to say that anyone should only have sex to get pregnant; that's just not how our species works.

bobsanction 18

You know who doesn't get pregnant? People that don't have sex.

I don't understand all the YDIs. It's the daughter's fault, not her mother's.

TinScarecrow 15

Failure to teach your child that actions have consequenses results in a YDI

And kids often ignore their parents' advice. It's entirely possible OP warned her daughter to be careful, to use protection, etc., and the daughter ignored it.

TinScarecrow 15

This is true. I never claimed otherwise. Just pointing out why

It takes two to tango. They both were consensual, weather a condom was worn or not. The blame can't be put on just one person.

Lobby_Bee 17

The baby should be the last thing you should be worried about. I would be more worried about contracting some sexual disease from that unknown dick.

Most STD's are curably while a baby lasts forever.

Mungolikecandy 19

HIV is not curable and can also be passed on to a baby in the womb.