I'm not worthy

By dracer - 04/02/2010 02:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of three years who I helped through drug rehab and find employment in my office left me for someone else. His explanation was that now that his "head is not clouded with chemicals" and he "makes decent money", he wants to settle down with someone worthy of him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 993
You deserved it 3 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

exceswater 8

send him some drugs... to bring him back...

He's not ****** up for using drugs in the first place. He's a dick for dumping her after she cleaned him up, got him sober, AND helped him get a job where she works. The fact that he justifies his actions by saying that he wants to settle down with someone whose worthy of HIM makes what he did even worse.

Comments

Lived through a similar situation. Only he told me I was to good for him and he needed someone who knew what it was like to go through all he went through ... that was 6 years in. In the next month he had a girl pregnant and they went through rehab together. Their daughter turns 2 this month and they aren't together and his ex is still using and she has zero of 5 kids. Makes you feel good knowing she was more worthy than you ... not!!! Good luck! ps I love my life now!

He probably just needs a new start. That's great you helped him through rehab but you shouldn't have dated him in the first place, knowing he was on drugs... you see he's a lot of effort for 'nothing'.

perdix 29

I seen soooooo many movies like this -- the OP is the standard "crack ***** with a heart of gold." Your future is bright. There are plenty of guys who like to stay permanently high or drunk, so you should find someone whose judgment and taste are impaired enough that they'd be with you. This time, don't be a buzzkill -- give them the Amy Winehouse philosophy on rehab.

#7 Stfu. you couldn't get a boyfriend. You look like pippie longstocking. Nazi grammar police.

rofl 55 XD don't tell her to stfu on this one though she actually has a nice point.

True. Buy every post she corrects people. it's FML not some grammar correcting website

PentiumBawls8 0

This FML is similar to a previous post regarding a man helping woman get counciling to redeem her self asteem. This idea backfires as she is now confident is ever and feels she can do better than to be with him....so yeah fyl

ozymandias_fml 0

Well, to be fair, you *are* the kind of person that dates druggies in need of rehab -- not exactly a catch.