By Anonymous - 25/09/2018 07:00 - United States - Conroe

Today, I'm recovering from a bad motorcycle crash that could have cost me my life. A truck pulled out in front of me while going 60. Luckily I only have a broken arm and a fractured sternum. I was just notified by my attorney that the guy at fault has no insurance or assets to his name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 487
You deserved it 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not sure where in the US you are, but while the property damage portion you might be a bit SOL on, your PIP and Uninsured Motorist coverage (if you have UIM) should at least cover the medical portion to an extent, and possibly some of the property. Also, was this a commercial vehicle? If so, have your insurance claim rep and attny look into tracking down the company and the police report if you don’t have it already, could go after the company for the portion of the property damage they’re responsible for. Otherwise it’s still possible to pursue them personally for damages (depending on how auto liability laws work in your state, if it’s comparative negligence, pure liability or 50/50), even if not much comes out of it, insurance companies usually have some kind of collection agencies they work with in dealing with uninsured motorists.

Hoeksche 10

The most important is that you are alive.

Comments

This is why indentured servitude is a good idea.

huh another unthinkable thing happening in the USA, every other first world country should require an insurance, that coveres people you hurt, when registering your car...