By Anonymous - 25/09/2018 12:00

Today, a guy asked for hot fries at the drive thru. After receiving the fries, he threw them at the drive thru window, complained that they were too hot, and asked for the manager for burning his mouth. I am the manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 043
You deserved it 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zekfen 17

You know, I used to think the same way as you did about the hot coffee lawsuit. But then I read about it. The issue wasn’t just that the coffee was too hot, McDonalds didn’t put the lid on well, which is what caused it to spill. McDonalds also made the coffee and kept it heated at 50 degrees over recommended/normal coffee with the idea that it would cool down to normal temps during a commute or adding creamer. You should do some research into the case, it is actually really interesting :)

"I *AM* the manager, get out of here before I call the cops on you for trespassing, and I only WISH they could arrest you for chronic stupidity."

Comments

Reminds me of a restaurant customer complaining that the hot pepper oil was too hot

so the guy had a mangina..... I love stupid people. like the ding bat the burned her lady parts because the hot coffee she ordered was hot and spilled in her lap.

Zekfen 17

You know, I used to think the same way as you did about the hot coffee lawsuit. But then I read about it. The issue wasn’t just that the coffee was too hot, McDonalds didn’t put the lid on well, which is what caused it to spill. McDonalds also made the coffee and kept it heated at 50 degrees over recommended/normal coffee with the idea that it would cool down to normal temps during a commute or adding creamer. You should do some research into the case, it is actually really interesting :)

I have read about that case. The customer was a long time customer, I agree that there is some fault on McDonald's part. But any body that has gone to a fast food restaurant has gotten a loose lid.... If she was a first time customer I could see it.... but she had been going thru the drive thru for a long time...

Nope, of you research the case, you do indeed see that she was a ding bat. who puts obviously hot coffee between their legs and squeeze to hold it in place. The temperature of the coffee was ok too. Actually, anything above about 150°F can still give you 3rd degree burns and the ideal drinking temperature of coffee is around 170°F, and McDonald's had theirs at 190°, definitely for people who would commute or add creamer, which is a valid reason since hot things actually cool down surprisingly fast, and if they had made it the ideal temperature of 170°F, people would complain by the time it was in their hands that it was too cold. If you place any covered styrofoam cup with hot liquid (which weakens the cups integrity anyway) between your legs and squeeze, I can bet you 100% that it will shoot up into your face and burn you. I've had that happen with a few Dunkin Donuts cups (not a full face splash), but I still wouldn't sue the company because I have common sense. Granted, McDonald's was dumb not to take her initial settlement and pay for her medical bills. They were much too cocky and it cost them.

ohsnapword 21

"Sir, does being this stupid some naturally or does it take practice?"

DiscomfortZone 7

If you don't want to deal with stupid people's shit don't be a drive-through's manager.

Gege92 1

Can we guess the great county where this happened? :)

"I *AM* the manager, get out of here before I call the cops on you for trespassing, and I only WISH they could arrest you for chronic stupidity."

The customer is always right. Was he talking about “spicy hot” or “temperature hot?” If he asked for one and received the other, he’d have a right to be pissed. It’s unfortunate that the English language uses the word “hot” for two ideas that intersect in food.

I find it interesting that everyone's first assumption is the guy's stupid rather than he's being devious and trying to find an excuse for a lawsuit which is something becoming more and more common sadly.

I hope you ban this guy from the store. He asked for hot fries and he got them. And if they're too hot when he starts to eat them, an amazing thing happens when you get hot fries: They eventually cool down.