By do you want a bag - 24/09/2016 04:48 - Canada - Surrey

Today, after 3 weeks of my new job, I'm already having work-related dreams. I'm having troubles differentiating between the 8 hour shifts in real life and the 8 hour shifts in my dream. I'm doubly exhausted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 133
You deserved it 1 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cross your fingers and hope you get it out of your system early, then the rest of your employment can be work dream-free! You're probably stressing subconsciously about learning the ropes, so I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck with the new job!

sounds like a 'dream job' sorry for you though, spend your evenings doing something you like, that would help.

Comments

Cross your fingers and hope you get it out of your system early, then the rest of your employment can be work dream-free! You're probably stressing subconsciously about learning the ropes, so I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck with the new job!

Read a new book before bed, one chapter at a time. Better if it has cliff hangers to stop on. Get your mind on something else.

sounds like a 'dream job' sorry for you though, spend your evenings doing something you like, that would help.

I had this for about a year, the only thing that stopped these boring and ridiculous dreams was seeing someone (I was single at the time) and they've stopped now I'm in a relationship, I had them because I had nothing else to dream about.

I work 16 hours on the weekends and then 3 other 8 hour shifts

agreed. I'd love to do five 8 hour shifts a week, instead of five 10-12 hour shifts, plus meetings. especially when my phone can never be off as well.

boredgirl_02 14

Try a salt lamp, I have one by my bed, couch and desk. Based on my sleep tracker I get a little more than an hour of deep sleep more than before... I don't worry as much either

melana09 19

A lot of people have dreams about their job after a shift of work. Sometimes I still hear call lights going off after my 12 hour shift at home. Hopefully it's only once in a while and not all the time.

Check with your gouvernment labour bouard -- in Canada, I think you get paid overtime for sleep-working.

That's actually really common, but of course that doesn't make it suck any less! Good luck op, they should fade once you get the hang of your job.

That is exactly what happened to me when I was working 10 hour shifts at Subway. I would fall asleep and wake up counting how many meats go on something like a BMT without even consciously thinking about it. lol