Healthy lifestyle choice

By Rowaelin16 - 23/09/2016 03:31 - United States - Crystal Lake

Today, in an effort to be fitter, I joined a Pilates class. Ten minutes into it, I dropped a 10-pound dumbbell on my face. I now have a horrific looking black eye, and half of my cheek is a mottled green color. Not to mention the cut above my eye that needed 4 stitches. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 817
You deserved it 1 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A rule as a beginner is to start out slow. You need to use 2 - 5 lb weights before you move to 10lb weights.

Green and stitches... It's a bit early to dress up as Frankenstein... Hopefully you make a full recovery!

Comments

I've never heard of Pilates that uses dumbbells. Pilates uses a Reformer and other apparatus that looks like it belongs in a sex dungeon.

I was going to say this but I've only ever done Pilates in my dance classes so I didn't want to assume there was never a time for weights in Pilates as a whole. But with the moves I've done I wouldn't even want to use the smallest of weights (at least ones that can't attach to your limbs). Too risky.

I hope you are doing ok OP! Next time start out small until you feel comfortable moving up to that much weight.

TMO2142 25

hope you heal fast, and now battle scars??

I agree with 13, Ive never heard of using weights with pilates. You sure you were in the right class? Next time start with lighter weights. And how did you drop it on your face???

Take it as a lesson learned and keep at it. Hope you're feeling better, OP.

I'm not all that familiar with Pilates, but I'm pretty sure they don't use weights. You sure it was a Pilates class? As others have said, if you're just starting out, best to use a 3- or 5-pound weight. Hope your face recovers quickly.

I knew working out was bad for you, good thing I just sit my ass on the couch.

khiiirsty 14