Heads up

By Anonymous - 05/11/2014 22:52 - United States - Chestnut Hill

Today, I learned that the blisters that popped up this morning on my hands and feet are a result of a virus that takes two weeks to fully heal. After I told my roommates to be careful, one of them decided that NOW was a good time to tell us she had it last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 092
You deserved it 2 254

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you feel better OP. During those two weeks you should get a new roommate.

Comments

SnowKitten 14

I feel your pain. I hate it so much when I get sick from someone because they didn't warn me.

qdawg06 23

That's the type of roommate you have to get rid of asap. You never know what else they're not telling you.

jthmtwin 16

Like "oh sorry I borrowed your tooth brush" or "sorry I didn't think you wanted the leftovers" blegh

imagine her having herpes or something else in her mouth and borrowing your toothbrush.

That sucks, hope you feel better soon!

Hand, foot and mouth? My 2yo got this at a party thanks to some selfish twats who brought their highly contagious child! Hope you get better soon.

mansen 15

good old hand foot and mouth. That is soooo painful. My son brought it home from daycare. He and my daughter just had the high fever part of it. I on the other hand was ever so lucky to get the blisters on my hands and bottoms of my feet. I had no clue what was going on until I went to the doctor at the college and he diagnosed me. The two weeks until it cleared up was so much fun trying to take notes and walking to classes (cleared by doctor that at that stage I was not contagious).

Yeah I picked up hand foot and mouth when my mom was in the hospital. At the time I thought it was just kids who got it but I'm 31. My doctor thought it was strep throat at first and then I developed the blisters and diagnosed myself when I went back to see my doctor again, she just said "I think you're right", stupid doctor.

What is this virus called? I've never heard of such a thing.

ImpracticalJoekr 9

Sore throat too? Sounds like hand foot and mouth disease. I got it over the summer and I still don't know how. It SUCKED but I'm glad my husband and daughter somehow didn't get it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Scynistr 20

Hand foot and mouth disease I'm assuming.. Horribly annoying. I had it and I had a hard time sleeping. If this is the disease.. Run your hands and feet under cold water.. It will numb them and make the itching go away.. Expect peeling..

Sharibrieezy 6

I can agree with everything here. I couldn't sleep when the rash first developed. I was pissed when the doctors said they couldn't do anything about the rash even. The cold really did make my hands feel better, though. And my feet are still in the peeling stage. I first developed a sore throat a month ago, so that's how long this lovely disease dragged on for me.

AnyaS 19

I hate irresponsible roommates like that. Last year I got the worse stomach flu of my life and it was several days after it had passed, totally unaware of its cause, that my roommate told me she had it right before me. Gee, thanks. A text would've been helpful.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

How would you not notice your roommate had the flu, though?

AnyaS 19

When she was getting over it I came back to the apartment after a short vacation away. I immediately got sick and slept most days never laying eyes on her, assuming she was studying like usual.