He Tried?

By Liz - 06/02/2017 16:00 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I told my soon-to-be-ex that he never does anything for the kids, and hasn't contributed a dime. He showed up with a half a gallon of milk and a box of cereal. Not what I meant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 833
You deserved it 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should tell him what you want, not what he is doing wrong

It's a start? I have no idea how to apply Pavlov's theory here, though.

Comments

It's a start? I have no idea how to apply Pavlov's theory here, though.

cootiequeen4444 11

Well, I'm not sure this is any consolation, but he finally put forth dimes (child support and maybe alimony) once the divorce goes through. if he's that much of a loser as you imply I'd take the milk and cereal effort pre-divorcr as a sort of something. Not a marriage saving something alas... but something?

Maybe you should tell him what you want, not what he is doing wrong

That's a good reason why you should get to know someone before you let them knock you up. there are always signs

aww. he's trying... however clumsily. The actions of a man who wants to please you but isn't gifted in working out how. much like many people slightly on the spectrum... perhaps you could tell him what you need.mpre directly? 1 request at a time? good luck OP.

UniUni 16

Is nobody concerned that the date said the 7th, when it's only the 6th?

It's the 7th in a few places, I'll be happy when FML corrects my gender, however, I'll keep the youthful age it now gives...

What cereal did he bring? Sugar Smacks = Good dad Fiber One = Bad dad

So he tried! It's clear that he took what you said and tried to work on the problem. YDI if you're going to bitch about your soon to be ex on FML because he interpreted what you said differently than want you meant. Next be specific and learn to see when someone's making a clear effort.

LevelupKid 8