Good boy

By akasoor - 11/02/2013 01:51 - Canada - Hythe

Today, I went to the local pet store to purchase a large dog bed so my dog wouldn't sleep in mine. After I got home and set up her bed, I realized I forgot to buy dog treats. When I came home again, her new bed was torn to shreds, and she was still sleeping on my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 317
You deserved it 5 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Punish your dog by eating its treats right in front of it.

Comments

Puppy Love lol. Honestly tho just sit there and when it jumps up push it off. Do this long enough it should learn. If not lock it out of your room

dmoran20 27

Your lucky, my dog would pee on my side of the bed if I was away from home for to long. Fixed that problem when I shut the bedroom door so she resorted to eating 2 recliners, a toilet seat and other items. She is a Akita that I have had since she was almost 2 weeks old (rescued right after hurricane Katrina hit) she is trained. She just didn't like me coming home after 6pm. She is better now, even after all that she is the best dog I have ever had. She is laying under my legs as I type this.

Sounds like she doesn't deserve any treats anyway!

Sooo basically you let ur dog do whatever she wants...that's ur fault don't cry because ur a push over and can't get ur dog off ur bed

Aregonde 15

Sooo basically you can spell "you" correctly, but dare not attempt those all those added letters in "your" and "you're"?

Didn't you learn from the cat that got the fish from the top of the fridge?! You never leave the pet and new object alone after forgetting something!

Shadow_Phantom 26

Shut the door, invest in some earplugs or soundproof earmuffs, and stop being a pushover.

I say YDI. I have a 1 year old English mastiff that I rescued from a no kill shelter 2 months ago, and I'm working on his obedience. If you've had this dog since it was a pup, you have no excuse.

That largely depends on the dog. I have a border collie. He's crazy smart, and he'll gauge if the consequences of an action outweigh the pleasure he'll get from that action. If he sees something on the counter that he can reach and eat, and it's something he really likes, he'll probably swipe it. I just keep food pushed back where he can't reach it (even though I KNOW he can get up onto the counter with all four legs if he wants, by jumping onto a chair, the table, then the counter - I've seen him do that, the first week we had him - now he'll only steal food if he REALLY likes it, and he can reach it from the floor). Problem solved. He's fine alone in the house for a couple of hours, but if we'll be gone a while, I crate him or gate him in my office, because he'll get into something when he's bored. He can sleep on my bed if I let him, but if not, he'll sleep in his crate without complaint. I got my dog when he was an adult, and he'd spent all of his life until then locked in a crate, and got into things because he was bored and looking for attention and exercise. He's way better now, but that doesn't mean he won't pick up a shoe and run off with it if he wants to play every now and then. No dog is perfect. No person is perfect. It's all about being able to live without conflict with your dog. That might involve some compromises for both of you. Generally, if a dog is getting into things, he's not getting enough exercise or attention.

Time to look for a dog-training manual before the dog does more destroying of your other furniture.

KingCeltic77 18

Welcome to my world. My dog does that.