Thanks, I hate it

By anonymous - 25/08/2016 02:33 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, I got a brand new down comforter and duvet cover that I really liked. I'd finally managed to put everything the way I wanted it, and then my roommate's dog came and peed all over my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 877
You deserved it 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So sorry! I'd make your roommate pay to clean it or replace it

How old is the dog? Puppies are expected to have accidents, but even so if they are peeing on furniture like that it's typically due to marking.

Comments

So sorry! I'd make your roommate pay to clean it or replace it

How old is the dog? Puppies are expected to have accidents, but even so if they are peeing on furniture like that it's typically due to marking.

On the bright side, you should be able to get the pee out without it staining if you washed it immediately..

Lizzy500 16

For the cover maybe, but you can't wash down. You'd have to take that to a professional, which might be as expensive as just replacing it. Plus a good hour of ironing the cover if it was cotton.

Actually, you CAN wash down. I have done so multiple times and my family's duvets are just fine. Of course you shouldn't do it often, but accidents can happen, and then you kinda have to. Anyways: Use wool detergent (the lanolin re-fattens the down), and the cold hand wash program of your washing machine. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY! The down is vulnerable while wet and tumbling will break it, and ruin the duvet. Take out of the machine soaking wet. Lay flat on a dryer (either outside or in your bathroom - it will drip on your floor). When the surface of the upper side feels dry, turn it over and let it dry further. When the insides stop feeling clumpy, shake it up every couple of hours and put it down to dry again. Repeat until it is completely dry. It's ready to use again.

That was the puppy claiming your new bed as his. Time to claim it back! Wait....

I hope your roommate had the courtesy to offer to get them dry cleaned.

I had the exact same thing happen. Hopefully your roommate is less of a bitch than mine and actually takes responsibility for it.

Get your roommate to pay for 1. pissing you off 2. for the dog pissing on your duvet

That's awful, putting a duvet inside a duvet cover takes ages, too. I'd at least make your roommate pay for the dry cleaning.

It takes about 30 seconds if you are doing it right.

With mine it has to be tied and pinned in or else it slides around in the cover, so it takes me about half an hour what with all the safety pins.

I use mostly cotton or flannel covers, so the duvets stay in place on their own (except for one of my sons, who manages to turn the duvet 90 degrees in the cover over some nights). Since it seems to be an ongoing thing for you, try this: sew slings of ribbon the size of a button hole on the inside of the corners of your covers (doesn't have to be pretty, nobody will see it). Sew buttons on the corners of your duvet. Done. Also: store the covers inside out in your closet. When you want to put the cover on, put your arms into the (still inside out) cover, with the corners in hand, grab the corners of your duvet (close the buttons first if you have them), then shake until the cover is right side out and over the duvet. (Close lower corner buttons if applicable.). Close cover. Done.

Man. He came, AND peed all over your bed? That's some serious bad luck.