Global stinking

By Anonymous - 22/09/2019 20:00 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, my boyfriend told me he thinks brushing his teeth and doing anything basically hygienic is unnecessary now, because, "we're all going to die out around about 2050 anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 575
You deserved it 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bluhbluhbluh 14

Tell him you wouldn't mind letting him die alone.

Well, he's not wrong. We are all going to die.... JS. As for not remaining hygienic, that's a non-starter for couples. Good luck, OP!

Comments

bluhbluhbluh 14

Tell him you wouldn't mind letting him die alone.

Do you want to spend the next 31 years with this Debbie Downer? To his defense, the U.K. is probably going to go extinct way before 2050. Brexit is even stupider than our 2016 election.

According to Malthus, we inevitably suffered our first massive die-off over a century ago. Oh wait, that didn't happen. We also had the population bomb go off in the 80s and had a global famine. Hundreds of millions starved. Whoops. No, it was an ice age. Acid rain. Global warming. Stuff it, just call it all climate change and they'll fall for it again when we keep passing the point of no return without disastrous effect. Warn about rising ocean levels, but buy a beach house. /rant Sorry your boyfriend is unusually gullible. Either that or he's just a slob and he thinks you're gullible enough to fall for his excuse. Either way, ditch him. Gross.

Well, he's not wrong. We are all going to die.... JS. As for not remaining hygienic, that's a non-starter for couples. Good luck, OP!

Traveling_Book 9

That’s a truly baffling thought process. I mean I might be on board if the world would end tomorrow or maybe even this week, but his calculations are still 31 freaking years away! How gross.

ViviMage 38

And just 40 days or not brushing your teeth can lead to a serious mouth infection. Not to mention all the boils and pimples on your skin you can get, sounds like a winner you've picked out.

Me: "That's so adorable, that you think you'll live that long...."