Fun times

By Anonymous - 14/10/2018 22:00

Today, I arrived at the house we rented for my sister's engagement party. I was also told that I have to sleep in the most cramped bedroom with my uncle, who sounds like a mortally wounded warthog when he snores. I paid for the rental. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 030
You deserved it 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whiskey'swino 15

If you paid the rental then you should have some say in who sleeps where, including yourself and the warthog.

tounces7 27

If he paid for the entire rental I'd say the other people could just find somewhere else to sleep then. He should really get whatever room he wants. He's 100% of the reason for them even having the rental.

Comments

While I agree that seems unfair, once you eliminate the couples who share rooms, the single folk are left to buddy up. If something similar is going to happen for the wedding, find yourself a plus one, or you could end up sharing with Pumbaa again.

tounces7 27

If he paid for the entire rental I'd say the other people could just find somewhere else to sleep then. He should really get whatever room he wants. He's 100% of the reason for them even having the rental.

You're right. OP must have rented the house because it was his turn, or something. I doubt he would have rented it as a gift for his sister's engagement. And the chances of other family members paying their share for the rental after the fact must be pretty slim, so it is fair that OP demands to have whatever room he wants. Though I do think it would have been nice of him to allow the couples to share rooms.

You’re assuming that the issue is couples. The same number of people regardless of couples, this issue is a couple who has been with each other would be more comfortable in a cramped room.

If you’re so rich, you should be able to afford some earplugs and an anti-snoring mouthpiece for Uncle Chainsaw.

whiskey'swino 15

If you paid the rental then you should have some say in who sleeps where, including yourself and the warthog.

Put your foot down and say no. You paid, your right.

Honestly thought this FML was going differently! Glad I was wrong!

Well, at least now you know not to pay again

purplemonkey 7

Stand up for yourself then. Jeez

bass_ftp 12

If you rented the place then you must have known something about the number of people that were going to be invited. So you'd have put someone else in the cramped bedroom with your snoring uncle instead? Somebody would have had to take the spot. I'd say YDI.

You paid for it, you tell the others where to sleep. If they don't know that, fill them in. If they refuse, tell them to pay you for the rental and take that money and go stay someplace peaceful.