Fun fun fun

By BeautifulDisastre - 23/12/2009 10:24 - United States

Today, I drove the six hours to LA to attend my Uncle's birthday party. When I tried to get off at the exit, it took me two hours just to get onto the street where the club was. By the time I showed up, the party was already over, so I ended up going to a Denny's. I drove eight hours for a Denny's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 536
You deserved it 4 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Technically, you drove 14 hours for Denny's, because you still had to drive home, right? Which sucks even more.

perdix 29

You could have joined four waiters in the men's room for a Grand Slam. That could have been worth the drive.

Comments

And you didn't leave enough time to get through the L.A. traffic because...? BTW, do not dis Denny's; they've got pretty decent food.

opsyOp 1

you've never been to Club Denny's? oh I've partied there many a time. Rave moons over my hammy = a night to remember

You didn't have to go to Denny's. You could have gone to In-n-Out instead. That would have been worth the 6 hour drive.

to perdix. Austin is the greatest party town in Texas. In my opinion. I have always had the best time at Austin parties. btw, I think this is partly a ydi, shouldnt you know how long it takes to get around LA?

You should have called your relatives to see if you could spend the night with them or something. Then the next day go somewhere out to eat. If they wouldn't let you do that then I wouldn't come to their birthday party anyway.

The estimated times you get off Mapquest or Google Maps are invalid for driving in a major city. Depending on the time of day, there's usually quite a bit of traffic and a shortage of parking. Just curious, but was your uncle's party really only two hours long, or were you planning to show up late?

The whole thing is just weird. 1) Couldn't you call someone? 2) You were going to drive 8 hours, party 2 hours, then... drive 8 hours back??? When you drive that far, you plan on staying a little bit longer... just saying...