Fright Night

By mzgabbster - 24/10/2010 12:21 - United States

Today, I was having the most wonderful bath. The water was steaming, the bubbles were bubbly, and I was reading a really good book. I put my book down to yawn and looked to my right. My gaze was met by the lovely face of my brother's pet tarantula. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 190
You deserved it 3 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha. I think he wanted to take a bath too.

skyeyez9 24

Its a perv spider, watching you bathe. It was gonna use it's spider legs to give you a scalp massage and lather the shampoo in your hair.

Comments

eatshitplease 0

I thought "brother's" implied brother is, not possesive "brothers". Then again I'm not sure how to spell the word possesive lol

possessive* Also, 'brother's' means both. 'Brothers' is just plural.

No, -brothers is plural for brother - brother's is 'brother is' or possessive for brother - brothers' is possessive for multiple brothers

I'm pretty sure I just said that, save for the last part about 'brothers''. Yes, the word you're defining needs to be in quotes.

I was explaining to the original commenter. No need to get so narky

snarky* This is why you should read the comments people post under the one you want to comment on so something like this doesn't happen. I'm not being "snarky", I'm just telling you.

I was responding to the original commenter by giving them a comprehensive (more comprehensive than yours) explanation regarding something they were confused over. It had nothing to do with you. And for the record: narky - 2 dictionary results World English Dictionary narky (ˈnɑːkɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide] — adj , narkier , narkiest slang irritable, complaining, or sarcastic How about you look things up before telling people they're wrong?

168 - It's slang that I've never heard before. I am quite skilled in terms of language, and didn't realize it's a slang word from wherever you're from. Most slang words aren't even found in the dictionary. I'm sorry my country (or at least my city) doesn't use your foreign slang words. Also, my comment was comprehensible. You must mean that it didn't cover ever little detail...

well if it didn't cover details I had a right to add them without your input. And if you don't understand foreign words maybe you should research them before jumping in and being rude. Ignorance is not an excuse for nastiness

If you're using slang that not everyone would know the definition of, have the courtesy to add a definition for our reading pleasure. Your profile doesn't tell me where you're from, so I can't give other examples of "unheard of" words to help you understand what I mean (then again, that probably wouldn't help you...). You're also being rude and quite ignorant. Read over your comments, please, if you don't believe me. You're ignorant of the fact that not everyone knows about your slang, which may very well be a made-up word between you and a small group of friends. Pardon me for thinking a word was missing a letter. A word that meant pretty much the same damn thing as what you're insisting is correct.

My point is, you jumped to the conclusion that I was incorrect, and instead of choosing to find out first you decided not only to correct me, but to do it in a nasty way that was completely unnecessary. That is no one's fault but your own. There is no need to be nasty whether you were right or wrong, but to do it without bothering to find out the deatils is both ignorant and downright stupid. Makes you look like a fool when you're proven wrong. If it was a case of thinking there was a missed letter there are better ways to go about it than being a bitch. I apologise for thinking that humans have the common sense to look up words they don't understand instead of harassing people for not changing their language to suit your own lazy needs. That wasn't ignorance that was a misplaced faith in humanity

And don't treat me like a bloody idiot, 'that probably wouldn't help you'. I think the calibre of this conversation has proven that I'm not, so don't go around assuming everybody that doesn't agree with you is an idiot. Furthermore, it is not a slang I 'made up with a group of friends' since I got that definition from a dictionary website.. a worldwide website to be exact, and thus it is considered a worldwide term. It took me all of 30 seconds to find, which you could have done yourself if your head wasn't so far up your ass you can't see where you're going. The problem with you North Americans is you expect everyone to alter their language to accommodate your stupid variations

In the original comment, I told you simply that I had already said that. I know a lot of slang; I'm sorry that word wasn't one of them. Please, sue me for I know not of the word you speak. All I did was correct the word (they both have the same meaning, by the way... I don't understand your conniption fit. I'd find it funny if it wasn't so sad...) and then went on to tell you about something else. That is in no way stupid. It's also not "bitchy". Learn your definition of each. That was ignorance. There's no need to doubt humanity, since humans make mistakes. Would you like me to point out all of yours in your posts? THAT would be reason to doubt humanity. It has quite proved your an immature moron who has a superiority complex. By the way you're freaking out, I can tell you're a PMSing female. If you aren't, I feel bad for you... Are you being prejudiced towards North Americans? Well, I take it then you aren't North American, therefore... British or Australian? I have nothing against them; I'm drawing that out of what you said. There is no reason to go insulting my country as a whole, asshole. Get YOUR head out of your ass. You're complaining about the very thing you're doing. Hypocrite. *sigh*

mintcar 9

"Be still, be calm, be quiet now my precious boy. Don't struggle like that or i will only love you more, for it's much too late to get away or turn on the light. The spiderman is having you for dinner tonight"

savanna44 0

that really sucks for you.. & i would scream so loud... but luckily my bro doesnt got a spider(: i would hate him if he did.

skyeyez9 24

Squish it inside your book. When your brother asks if you saw his tarantula, open your book and show him his flat spider.

skyeyez9 24

I just read that there are different species of tarantulas. Some are lightning fast and very aggressive, even attacking your hand as you put food in their cage. The pinktoe tarantulas are more calm and apparently friendly if handled gently. Which species does your brother have?

Samyy27 0

Don't provoke the spider,it will attack.

iguanadon, as in the mis named dinosaur? lawl

The wording of this fml made me laugh.