Fortunate Son

By Anonymous - 03/05/2012 23:35 - United States - Wichita

Today, I had a look at the pictures my mom took during my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Every single one is of my sister. Her lighting the candles, her watching me open presents, and her eating cake. The only pictures of me are in the background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 944
You deserved it 1 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the hell is wrong with your mom o_O? Edit: I say on her anniversary offer to take pictures and make sure it's all of your dad and your mom is in the background :D!!!

jerseyboy732 16

who the hell takes photos of someone watching another person open presents?

Comments

I'm sorry!!! At least you don't have to worry about bad shots of you going on Facebook!

I think that was probably the least of her worries!

Lightcrusade 9

You must be the ugly one. Hopefully you have a nice ass to make up for it, if not FYL

Hopefully she doesn't have the same shallow mentality as you.

Hopefully she doesn't have the same shallow mentality as you.

Michael_92 20

I'm trying to decide if this is a horrible joke or you are just that kinda guy. I hope for your sake it's the first.

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

Doesn't have to always be about appearance, 17.

trueblue170 13

You, my friend, are an asshole.

Colonel_Lexi 18

17- I want to kick you in the face right now.

perdix 29

#17 speaks the truth and gets hammered down for it. I know the feeling :( Everyone just has to take the OP's side, but when someone explains the obvious reason something happens, out come the thumbs.

Can't tell if 17 is stupid or sarcastic

A parent should not care more about one daughter and less about another based on their appearance. A parent should not care more about one daughter and less about another based on ANYTHING, quite honestly. Parental love should be divided equitably among all of their offspring, but so often it isn't. There is no better start in life for a human being than a solid, nurturing nuclear family and too many times that doesn't happen. We have asshole's like the OP's mom, who clearly prefers the sister to the OP. This is the first wedge that splinters families and it's so avoidable. I would love to have a happy extended family but NOOOO, everyone hates everyone else and it began with a mother who favored one child and shit all over on another. Four generations later we're a mess and only two of us are smart enough to see what happened and try to change things. Everyone else is nasty, rude and hateful to each other because that's what we all grew up with so that's our 'normal.' They can't see that we were set on this path by one stupid woman and that changing it is in our hands. Life is too short for hate, especially among flesh and blood.

uh, 17, I know this is irrelevant, but why do you have your ex as your picture?

That's odd... You sure it wasn't a creepy uncle handling the camera?

Happens to me all the time! Ur not alone.

Don't put that on here, this site isn't for that attention seeking shit, see a therapist. Sorry about your bday Op, get her back next year lol

SakeGurl 9

Hey 24 why don't you go somewhere else and whine. Smh... Go find the pity train , jump on and get lost.

Hey 36 why don't you go **** yourself

Michael_92 20

Getting some love eh 36? lol

If you're not looking for pity then why make the comment at all? Who cares. This is a website full of people you will never meet. Stop being butt hurt and move on.

Hey 41 good job steeling 77s reply!

Mommyof2_91 10

Why does everyone have to make a big deal out of a comment? Plus, your all saying she's doing it for attention and that's what all you are giving her, and lots of it.

The problem here, which is very simple, is that no one likes a one-upper. It almost always comes off as belittling and minimizing the pain of the other person. We all know that somebody somewhere has it worse, and that said, the comment you made seems attention-seeking. That's why people are responding so negatively.

It happens to everyone. We all can look back on things we've said and realize there was probably a better way to communicate. :)

She dressed her up as a fairy princess and posted the picture on her FML default.

luckyd880 12

"omg she is cleaning up his wrapping paper mess" *snap snap snap* "now she's walking upstairs" *snap snap snap* "shhhh she's sleeping" *snap snap snap*