Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

DeeJayD 0

People seem to give way to much credence to what little kids say to/about them. They're kids, ffs. They don't know shit.

1st_time_caller_ 0

If this is a real FML and not another lie. The doctor is in the wrong. Not for giving advice on how to eat better. The parents already know that information, but are not disciplining their child to make them eat or live healthy. No, the doctor is at fault for ignoring the spirit of HIPAA and talking about a patient in a way that the patient can tell it is them being talked about. How would you like to be that little girl who now has her doctor online talking to complete strangers(non medical professionals) about how she is overweight. I am so sorry little girl. You are way too young to be at fault for your weight problems, and I am sure you are beautiful. That doctor needs to lose his/her license to practice for doing this to a child. For making a childs weight have anything to do with an FML or any online talk open to anyone to read.

there are no identifying details about who this patient is or even who the dr is so there nothing wrong with this

Its a bad thing to help an overweight child become healthy to prevent future health problems? And its also a bad thing to let your patient know that you are talking about them? Who else is the doctor going to talk about?

Shame on the original poster for submitting a story about her patient. That's called Medical Malpractice and I hope you get fired.

kwbuzz23wk 0

not like anyone knows what kid it is, get over it #22 and #23, besides she/he is 5. yes that is probably against the "HIPAA" (assuming you were correct) but there are no names, nobody even knows who the poster is so there should be no harm.

braFTW 0

LOL Smart kids are awesome, at least for giving people FML's like this. =D

ha i m obese and have the toothpick of a doctor never took any of his advise i got a fat doctor and felt more relate able to him and started to take better care because i know they when and are going though the same thing, oh yah please people start punishing your kids it would make life better for all of us i m a teacher

trantula_77 0

FYL...you need to take the time to take care of yourself...though I'm sure you're busy as hell. You were just doing you job. 22 and 23...you are retard coated retards with retard filling. HIPPA was not violated in this post! HIPPA prevents the release of identifying information...eg, if the poster would have said, I had this patient in my office today at 3:30 pm in x city California...that would be a HIPPA violation, because it wouldn't be overly difficult to identify them. HOWEVER, stating what happened in the privacy of an office with NO identifying information as to where or when, is not a HIPPA violation. You are one of those morons in health care that makes everyone else miserable aren't you? Medical malpractice...wow...just wow...

Agree with #27, #22 and #23 should seriously facepalm themselves. Also, man I've been there doc, I feel for ya... pwned by a 5 year old lol

meddude 0

you idiots. this isn't a HIPAA violation because no personal information about the patient was released. i hate it when people assume they know things like this and then make complete asses of themselves. #27 FTW and #26, you make a good point.

Nothing like two fat people giving each other "health advices." lol.