Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

what a little fat bitch. I would have kicked her ass. Stupid brat.

Called out by a five year old. You've gotta practice what you preach.

morgan_5230 0

Ahh, rude daughter and bad mom. That's a bad combo. :(

Parents are to blame, both for overfeeding the kid and not trying to teach them some manners. I hope the mother apologized or at least did something about such a rude kid. To everyone who is saying that the doctor is fat, we have no idea how fat s/he is. Maybe s/he does eat healthy but just can't stay skinny, but really, 65 lbs at 5? That's just scary.

eoh42 0

#5, what an idiot you are. You go to the doctor to get medical advice, then you bitch about it. You're fat, get over it.

kellster 2

Wow, someone's not clear on the whole who-gives-who-advice relationship here! Damn, that's seriously obese for a little kid. Also: prescribe her a diet that incorporates a little arsenic.

Rayzorbeam44 0

That sucks lol but it is kinda funny sorry though.

tiltwrestler 0

1) That girl is a jerk, and trying to deflect problems away from herself. she shouldnt have said that. 2) with that said... im saying "YDI" for only one reason: THE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT ISN'T TO EAT A LOT OF GREENS, YOU IDIOT! ITS TO EAT A HEALTHY BALANCE OF ALL 5 FOOD GROUPS IN MANY SMALL REALLY HEALTHY MEALS, AND TO EXERCISE YOUR A*SS OFF HARD FOR HOURS, 5-6 DAYS A WEEK! You dont lose weight by sitting on your butt and eating veggies all day! you're a quack doctor! shame on you!

cyxx 0

Dude he is so not at fault here. It's his JOB to tell the kid these things. He probably DOES eat healthy and exercise.