Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

are you overweight doc? if so, that is just as asinine as doctors who smoke cigs honestly, i would not feel confident in a doctor's abilities if he or she disregarded their own health.

So all doctors should be freaks about having their body look perfect? For some people it is VERY hard to maintain a slim figure, and it just isn't worth it, especially if you're not overweight enough to pose any extreme health risks. That being said, it is NOT the same philosophy for children because NO five-year-old should ever be 65lbs. FFS, that's how much I weighed when I was ELEVEN.

Its a doctors job to help people with their weight. this is in no way her/his fault

notthatclever 0

UM, how did he/she deserve this? if a parent can't do their job well enough and keep their kid from getting fat and lazy, then it becomes their doctor's job to tell them to eat healthy. not like he straight up called her fat.

ihatestupidpeopl_fml 0

YOU HYPOCRITICAL S.O.B...HOW CAN YOU TELL OTHERS TO EAT HEALTHY IF YOUR FAT ALSO!!!!!

pinkpikachu 0

I'm a nurse and THAT is so freakin' funny I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing!!

I believe doctor's live by that age old saying "Do as I say, not as I do"...

greatnt249 0

"YOU HYPOCRITICAL S.O.B...HOW CAN YOU TELL OTHERS TO EAT HEALTHY IF YOUR FAT ALSO!!!!!" Because it's their job to inform, genius. Are you insinuating that if I'm genetically predisposed to having high cholesterol that I, as a physician, am in no way qualified to inform patient about healthy cardiovascular lifestyles?

greatnt249 0

"You should be following your own advice" Who are we to say that he isn't?