Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

Bradleysmylover 0
tiltwrestler 0

#63 (cyxx): Yeah, I understand what you're saying kinda. I mean, I'm not saying he deserved the comment, obviously. But on the other hand, he 1) gave crappy advice, and 2) hes MOST DEFINITELY NOT in shape! If he gave advice like that, he probably doesnt exercise much! because if he exercised much... he would have had the brains to tell HER to exercise some, too!

Can't blame patients for getting annoyed with being lectured about their weight by an overweight person. But, on the other hand, being a doctor doesn't make you infallible. You still have a hard time just like the patients do, doesn't mean you shouldn't give them sound health advice. You wouldn't be doing your job otherwise. Sheesh, people. Also, #5, if your doctors are advising you on your weight, you are not skinny. They're professionals, and you're deluding yourself if you're using your height as an excuse. You don't think doctors are smart enough to take height into account when figuring out a healthy weight? Please.

hmm... they do say doctors that smoke advise their patients to quit smoking more often.

lnm701 0

The doc was just doing their job...5 years old and 65 pounds is NOT healthy, and if it isn't corrected, will likely cause that little girl lasting health and weight problems. Also, how do we know the OP isn't healthy? Someone can have a larger build and be a little overweight without being morbidly obese and out of shape...just pointing that out.

lolzorspoop 0

#5 your an idiot, this girl was 5 years old! 65 lbs is wayyy too much. but it is true the doctor should have been lecturing the parent and not the girl.

if you're a doctor, being fat should count double. if you went through all that training, you should know better than to pig out and destroy your health! what an awesome 5 year old. if i have kids, i'm totally teaching them to make fun of fat people.

Pigging out isn't the only factor that causes obesity...

you cant blame a doctor for putting everyone before themself