Eat Y'self Fitter

By Shnur - 05/04/2009 04:25 - United States

Today, my patient, a chubby little girl, stood on a scale to measure her weight. She was 5 years-old and weighed 65 lbs. I started giving her advice on eating healthy: fruits, vegetables, and more greens. She turned to her mother with shocked look and said, "But mommy, the doctor is fat too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 933
You deserved it 21 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Comments

got_rice 0

I'd say the kid's the one who should be saying FML...at that age, they really have no control over what they eat, so its entirely the parent's fault for letting them eat poorly.

Why the HELL is anybody saying the doctor deserved this? 5 years old and 65lbs is quite overweight. The average 5 year old is somewhere between 30-40, give or take a bit. The kid will have all kinds of health problems if something doesn't change soon, and Doc here was doing their JOB. Also, #11 is right, the one who should be getting the lecture is dear old Mom and Dad, probably letting their kid eat too many snacks and sodas and junk. Poor kid.

It's really not what you eat, but your actions to balance it

It's the right combination of the two. And how quickly your body metabolizes food/ how it is stored. People these days-_-

Its also what you're eating; if you eat McDonalds every day but still work off the right amount of calories, you will still have health problems.

I voted YDI because the doctor is overweight as well, and that he should take some of his own advice.

The doc was doing his/her job. They'll give that advice regardless of their own weight, obviously. The doctor might have a health problem that affects their metabolism or something. People shouldn't be so quick to judge.

kwbuzz23wk 0

#13 and for that matter the child may have a metabolism problem, and im sure at age 5 it has not been checked yet so who knows, maybe the child has it too and the doctor has not checked yet.

panda24 0

Yeah, well a doctor being overweight and a 5 year old being overweight are two very different things. The 5 year old is a CHILD and it is never acceptable (unless there is a health complication preventing the child from being a healthy weight) for a child to remain overweight. It's dangerously unhealthy and will provide the child serious complications throughout the rest of her life. Don't down him for doing his job.

calebg23 0

Ok I eat less than everybody in my town yet I'm one of the fatest... I eat about 1500 calories a day... that isn't my daily value... people have different metabolisims

like me, I'm 16 and 101 pounds lawl, I work out and eat a ton but I just can't gain weight :(

KY_Jelly 10

Sometimes it's not even about metabolisms. Everyone is born with a certain type of body; it's in the genes, and you can't help it if you're born chubby or skinny. Also, #112, if you really wanted to gain weight, you wouldn't be working out. Eating lots of food and just sitting around is a better plan for gaining as working out burns fat and replaces it with muscle.

NancyDeebensDPDS 0

god damn stop calling the op a dude! she's a ******* girl retards

GirlOnFire143 6

My best friend, Josh, eats way more than me. His lunch everyday consists of 4 sausages, a slice of pizza, a sandwich, and like a pound of fruit. He still only weighs like 110 lbs, and is 5'8.

Which is more dense and therefore, heavier than fat xD

125. How does eating a lot of food and sitting around all day replace fat with muscle?

For people saying he deserves it... Remember some doctors work TOO DAMN MUCH, so they're unable to take care of their own health. I pity this guy.

calebg23 0

it's a girl asshole... nobody said it was a guy doctor... it even says female... that was incredibly sexist of you

WearingHats 14

Number 111 thinks it is sexist because 16 assumed it was a guy. Everything is sexist now. Just LOOKING at a girl is sexist.

edibleamazing 4
Mads_1234 28

#16, I agree with you. My dad is a heart doctor but he is put on call often and works long hours so he doesn't eat right... It can be hard for many people to get healthy foods.

thisisnotmyname 0

I don't think you deserved it because, really, it's part of your job.

the only reason i said he deserved it was because my doctor, who is quite overweight, always tells me to lose weight. I exercise regularly and try to eat as right as i can (but that's the hardest part) and i am probably healthier than some skinny people with really high metabolisms. Just because i'm short it makes it so much more difficult. I do agree that since this is a child, this is different. But he really should have been telling the mom those things, not the child.

lol I'm skinny with a high metabolism but I'm a health nut !!

Rude daughter and a poor-parenting mother. FYL