Duped

By rippedoff - 04/03/2010 14:09 - Australia

Today, I found out that the man who sold me my car 6 months ago lied about it being "recently serviced" and "in excellent condition". It actually hasn't been serviced in years, and fixing all its problems is going to cost me $900 more than what I paid for the car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 212
You deserved it 29 875

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why you always ask if you can have a mechanic look it over for you before you buy it. I'm completely ignorant about cars, and even I know that much.

rule #1 about buying used cars, ALWAYS ALWAYS have AT LEAST 2 different mechanics inspect it before you buy it! and NEVER use the guy the car owner suggests because they could have worked something out with them in advance

Comments

littleone87 0

WOW! Obviously if your paying less than $900.00 for any type of vehicle its a pile of SHIT!!! if you want a good vehicle that does not fall apart you have to pay way more than that!

learn to read. OP never said it was less than $900.

boatkicker 4

The car didn't cost less than $900 (or if it did, that wasn't mentioned in the FML). The repairs cost the price of the car PLUS 900 on top of that.

I also read it as the car costing less than $900. The OP could have been saying the car is going to cost $900, which is less than I paid for the car. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant. At least that's how some of us took it.

No, the fml says that the repairs are going to "cost me $900 more than what I paid for the car." That clearly means the price of the car PLUS an extra $900, not that the car cost less than $900.

scvcwcheer 0

there would have been a comma "the repairs will cost $900, more than I payed for the car" if the car had cost less than $900

Grammar, where punctuation saves lives: "Let's eat Grandma!" Vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!" The equivalent for: "...$900 more than I paid for the car." Vs. "...$900, more than I paid for the car."

TandJHire 0

you get what you pay for if you spent less the 900 dollars then you should have known

again, learn to read. the car wasn't less than $900.

Grammar, where punctuation saves lives: "Let's eat Grandma!" Vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!" The equivalent for: "...$900 more than I paid for the car." Vs. "...$900, more than I paid for the car."

GUYS! THIS VIDEO IS THA SHIIT! http://www.doritosviralocity.ca/gallery/videodetails.aspx?v=84314 Doritos Viralocity! do it!

ydi for not doing ur homework before buying a car... and ydi for believing everything the seller claims without comfirming it yourself

I was thinking of using a gigantic, white lowercase "t" set on fire on the guy's lawn. Not sure what this "t" could stand for...

And that, my dear, is why you should bring someone to advice you when you are about to buy something... Specially if you don't know anything about what you are buying and you are thaaat gullible to believe from a seller that something is in perfect conditions. Also... I wish I was able to click more than once to YDI, because once it's SOOO not enough!

show me the carfox... noooo the car fax lol