Don't feed the trolls

By jacobianscum - 29/11/2015 07:05 - New Zealand - East Tamaki

Today, after 3 months of successful business at my restaurant, sales are down the shitter. Why? Because some no-life troll started posting loads of bad reviews online. He uses different names, but nothing in the reviews has ever happened. We can't get the reviews taken down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 719
You deserved it 1 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Counter troll with positive reviews. Get your friends to do it too as well as satisfied customers.

I agree with 1. I had a little trouble with the same thing a couple months ago.

Comments

mds9986 24

Are you sure it's a troll, or did you ignore Yelp after their extortion attempts?

leogachi 15

@31 Name one reason a lawsuit is an unreasonable course of action in this instance.

countryb_cth 38

Defamation of character is a reasonable reason to sue

Maybe have a competition, only held in store where one random positive review will win free dessert or something?

Is there another restaurant owner near you that is jealous?

I think there is a way to combat this. I've heard commercials on the radio for helping reputations for businesses online. Can't remember what it's called. Look it up.

Do the same thing, but with good reviews.

You can actually get them taken down, you have to contact the website moderaters, explain the situation and request an investigation if they find that the posts are all from the same in they'll remove them

boredgirl_02 14

My husband used to work for a company that would do that competitors... And then write a bunch of good ones for their own. It sucks but you kinda got to use the system like everyone else.

I work for a company where they have online surveys that are extremely harsh on the cashiers so a lot of them end up stashing receipts and filling out their own surveys to keep their numbers up. It's ridiculous how much technology can actually hurt people and businesses these days.

Track down the culprit. Find him. Kill him.