Denied!

By Anonymous - 17/04/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I swam in a race against all of the girls in the midwest in the hardest, longest, most grueling race you can swim. I won. Happy but so tired I could barely move, I looked up to see my time. I had been disqualified. For flinching. Before the race started. FML
I agree, your life sucks 84 918
You deserved it 6 671

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How is that grounds for disqualification? And shouldn't they have told you before the race started that you were disqualified?

SilentGround 0

this actually is an fml. i'm sorry, that really sucks. don't let it weigh you down though, it'll only make you feel bad in the long run. :/

Comments

what was it? like a 500 butterfly or something?

EequalsmC2 1

oh my gosh... the same thing happened to me before my 1650... i feel your pain :(

_mcs_ 0

What's your point? So you don't get a silly prize to prove you've won. You will always know that the title should be yours.

missethics 0

Oh man, you must have been really freaking nervous. Last year I swam competitively for the first time ever-- I would be so nervous that I felt like I was going to throw up or have a panic attack. Never actually *flinched* though. Weird.

AlAesthetic 0

Oh no! That really sucks. I've been DQ'd for stupid things, like wearing a ring (which I never take off) during my race. Just kick ass next time!

yeah, that sucks, but it happens to everyone. once i forgot to check in for a race, they told me I could swim. I waited 3 hours to swim the 800 free, swam it, got a best time, and in the middle of the race, the ref. told my coach they decided not to count it. so, it could have been worse. so stop complaining and move on!

at least you got the experience and you got the exercise :)

sondramcfail 0

Being DQ'd sucks. Especially for something so stupid. :( AH I feel bad for you.

brenna805 0

That's competitive swimming for you. sucks. sorry for your luck.. but hey at least you have the time for yourself.. thats what its really about. work on dropping time from that now and get them next year.. @#109.. you don't.

I hate crappy ref's so much. Personally, been there with the flinching in my last 13 years of swimming. They dq on the stupidest things. I feel bad for you, but remember crappy things happen and you have to move on =[.