Check this out

By AboutToGoKillBillOnSomeone - 13/12/2012 14:35 - Australia - Newport

Today, I finally got my wedding photos in the mail. As I looked through them, I soon realized that the lace material on my wedding dress was completely see-through in the sunlight, and my bra and panties were visible in every single outdoor photo. I had an outdoor wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 304
You deserved it 9 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

For people saying, "Why didn't you know this before? Didn't you try it on?" Dress Shops are indoors, geniuses.

Walk outside? Get a thicker dress? It is white.. Common sense that shit can happen..

I doubt it occurred to her that they would make a see-through wedding dress. I didn't think they did until now. Plus, I'd imagine many dress shops would take issue with a customer leaving the store while wearing the dress without paying for it.

Ask if you could take it outside with them watching you? They make a see thru everything...

Do they make a see thru bullet proof vest?

Well of course they do.. It's just not promoted outside of asia.. >.> dem asians

"Ask if you could take it outside with them watching you?" Then they'd give you a weird look and say 'no'. Seriously, what store lets you try on and model their clothes outside the store? That's just asking for trouble.

Once again wedding dresses are designed for wearing a specialized undergarment sold at the bridal shops she may have ordered her dress from a site because when I was engaged every shop included the price of the undergarment slip whatever with the dress or at least told you about it...

maimengming 10

I feel like even though this is really awful, it is your fault OP. If you wanted an outdoor wedding, you should have planned before hand for a dress that's not so thin. White, thin materials don't mix well with white. Maybe you were wearing dark colors underneath? I don't know, but that makes so sense either. If that's the case, you should have known not to wear dark colors with whites. Sorry, but YDI.

maimengming 10

Why wouldn't you wear a thinner dress to an outdoors wedding though? Since OP is in Australia and it's Summer here now (and assuming she had the wedding recently), her wedding day was probably 30+ degrees celcius, so lighter clothing makes sense. Plenty of people wear "beach" type wedding dresses if they aren't doing the whole "big, white wedding" thing. I don't blame OP for making a simple mistake, especially if she tried on the dress indoors or on a less sunny day. But it's pretty douchey that nobody at the wedding mentioned her visible underwear.

martin_martian7 11
FML_14u2c 14

Lets hope you didn't wear black undergarments under a white dress. (Big fashion mistake.)

Unless you're going for the "i did this on purpose" look. Which is in now.

Hopefully u had on some sexy underwear and a garter. That's always nice.

Maybe people thought it was supposed to be that way... Why was your dress 100% lace tho? You were kind of asking for it with that :1

imagineapc 11

Ahhhhh hahahaha this is absolutely hilarious!!! You kind of deserve it for not checking first - really, it's your wedding day, be prepared. But it also sucks.

perdix 29

I was getting all excited thinking everyone got a peek at nipples and bush, but then I got to the part about the undergarments and lost interest. Lucky for you, I imagined the aforementioned nipples and bush and have regained interest. Don't you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?!

At least you had underwear on. Though it should be a normal thing to do, to see, if the white clothing sees through.. Hopefully it made the day funnier for some people, and well, it's not that bad... I'm sure you wear bikini to the beach. Without a dress. I never really understood why women are afraid of showing their underwear but go around in their bikini all summer.. Hm. Though yea. Wedding.. fun thing to remember.

skip_m 6